LIFE AT BRP
We create innovative ways to move – on snow, water, asphalt. In the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Built on a 75-year tradition of ingenuity and intensive customer focus, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, and Austria. We have a total workforce of more than 12,600 driven, resourceful people.
Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer and Savage boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We support our lines of product with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business to fully enhance your riding experience.
Because it’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey. Yours.
We are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP;
- Twitter @BRPnews;
- Facebook @BRPinfo.
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
As Financial Analyst, Financial Information, you will be responsible for preparing and revising BRP’s publicly released financial documents, including consolidated financial statements, management reports (MD&A) and other financial documents. You will also be responsible for implementing and monitoring accounting policies.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and management reports (MD&A).
- Carry out analyses and draft memos on accounting issues for special or unusual transactions or the application of new accounting standards
- Assists the department head during special projects (business acquisitions, implementation of new IFRS standards, external financing, etc.),
- Monitor documentation as needed after new IFRS standards are applied
- Help prepare diverse documents intended for the Audit Committee
- Responsible for certain controls in a SOX environment
- Provide training and support for group subsidiaries
- Provide information as requested to other groups (tax, treasury, internal controls, etc.)
- Participate in the year-end audit process and quarterly review engagements
- All other tasks related to the position
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in accounting or finance; CPA designation required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a firm or public company
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Methodical and organized approach
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new situations
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure in a result-oriented environment
- Strong proficiency in English and French (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Cognos and SAP software an asset
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA! >