Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board
Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting (6-month contract)
In this role you will assist with managing the General Ledger and Pension Payroll functions within the Corporate Finance group. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements and the supporting schedules for the foreign offices in their functional currency and RCA cash flows for Investments and Actuarial (S&R). You will also support the Tax department and EY in reviewing and understanding the VAT returns for OTPP Europe and Tenant.
Who you’ll work with
The Financial Analyst will be reporting to Manager, Corporate Accounting.
What you’ll do
- Prepares monthly financial statements for international offices. This helps to file FRR on monthly basis to SFC for Honk Kong office
- Maintains the Lawson General Ledger system, including Asset Management, posting, closing and trouble shooting.
- Coordinates and prepares mid-year and year end accruals for OTPPB and international offices. This will include ensuring there is valid support as per the accounting guidelines and managing with senior staff within divisions.
- Assists with reporting of taxes withheld/paid to CRA at year end
- Completes monthly accounting reconciliations for international offices
- Provides support for the global OTPP offices (Asia & London) including reporting and support for internal/external auditors – these reports are prepared and audited in their functional currency (different than OTPPB)
- Leads or participates in special projects by providing the required technical, expense, accounting and financial reporting specifications
What you’ll need
- 3-4 years’ experience in accounting/finance department
- Preferably working experience with General Ledger implementation
- University degree in Business Administration/Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent
- Completion of CPA program is an asset
- Very good knowledge and practical understanding of accounting theory
- General understanding of pension plan environment and related accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is an asset
What we’re offering
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Competitive time off
- Degreed: A digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources – from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers’, we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations, we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit ourPrivacy Centreto learn how we handle your personal information.