At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we’re committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It’s more than a great career. It’s a bright future.
We’re hiring a team of Future Talent superstars – people like you! – to join our Commercial Surety, Specialty Solutions team. In this role, you’ll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team’s work and vision.
As a Financial Analyst Co-op/Intern you will be trained as an underwriter in the company’s Commercial Surety Bond department. Surety bonds are a form of credit used extensively in various industries: customs, retail, manufacturing, transportation, banking and construction. A surety bond guarantees the performance of a company’s obligations imposed by the legislation or negotiated under a contract with a third party.
You may be a good fit for this role if:
- You have the ability to work independently, but as part of a team
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are people and detail-orientated
- You have sound analytical skills
When you step into this role, you will:
- Analyze financial statements for a wide variety of industries, and supporting documents such as aged account receivable and payable lists, as well as bank and credit reports for the purpose of recommending surety bond facilities for new and existing clientele
- Review of the applicable legislation or underlying contract is performed as part of underwriting the Commercial Surety bond – a report is prepared for management to review
- Be trained in the inter-relationships between credit guarantees and key financial criteria in conjunction with other methods of evaluating clients.
- Gain an insight into the various industries, various provincial and federal laws, accounting, and financial analysis
You will also have the chance to:
- Visualize a career in insurance as you discover more about our exciting, evolving industry
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Expand your skills through collaboration with and training from our experts
- Collaborate with colleagues on developmental projects and share your knowledge
These are the requirements to apply:
- Currently pursing a Business/Commerce University degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance
- A strong GPA (to be considered, you’ll share your transcripts with us)
- Available to work with us for Summer 2021 (May through August)
- Must be returning to full time studies following the internship in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022
- Experience in credit, accounting, and/or insurance is an asset
Your career starts here. Apply today!
We can’t wait to learn more about you. When you complete your application, remember to include your resume and University/College transcript. We hire co-ops every semester (Winter, Summer and Fall)! We’re accepting applications now through February 7, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. All submissions will be reviewed during this time, as well as after the posting closes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.