Harris Finance is seeking a Financial Analyst to work closely with fellow Analysts and the divisional Controller in providing financial support and analysis for the division. You will be responsible for assisting the finance team for the Business Unit.
This is your chance to join a fast-paced organization with a large, stable and continuously growing presence in the vertical market software industry! As Financial Analyst, you will be a part of Harris’ finance team and will be looked upon to provide financial support and analysis that will have a direct impact on the Business Unit’s success.
Reporting to the Controller, you will perform month, quarter and year-end closing tasks, in addition to working closely with the Business Units on various ad hoc projects.
This role is based in Ottawa, ON. No travel is required. Remote start due to Covid
WHAT WILL BE YOUR NEW ROLE
- Build relationships with and providing excellent customer service to the business unit(s)
- Completing the month-end and quarter-end close processes, by analyzing results, preparing journal entries and detailed balance sheet reconciliations and reporting for senior management
- Tracking & analyzing deferred maintenance, hardware, software and professional services revenue streams
- Forecast benefits, payroll taxes and depreciation and updating actual results for headcount, bookings and backlog
- Calculate commissions owed based on invoicing/bookings
- Assisting with special projects & ad hoc reporting as needed by divisional Controller, EVP and VP’s
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis and/or accounting
- Business or Finance degree
- Effective communicator that has experience and is comfortable working with all levels of management
- Solutions focused mindset with a desire to improve processes
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Professional financial designation (or in pursuit of)
- Experience with IFRS accounting standards and project accounting and/or software revenue recognition
- Positive attitude and a passion for continuous learning
- Dynamic personality with the ability to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Flexible work options (and some pretty cool offices!)
- And more!