In this role you will be primarily responsible for collaborating with business unit leadership and finance colleagues to deliver accurate, timely and highly valued accounting and financial support.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide analytical support of the budgeting and forecast process, delivering well supported and documented financial plans;
• Work closely with business unit partners to understand their business, help them understand their financial drivers, and challenge their assumptions;
• Deliver accurate, insightful and timely analysis of financial results compared against forecasts and budgets as well as presenting these to business unit stakeholders
• Manage project and client financials according to contract; understanding key terms in contracts, financial implications of changes in those terms and the technical accounting impact of contracts;
• Propose improvements to the supporting analyses in order to improve accuracy and efficiency;
• Review and analysis of balance sheet entries ensuring balance sheet integrity.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Post-secondary education and an accounting designation (CPA);
• 3-5 years’ experience, ideally in a business partnership role;
• Proven analytical skills and ability to communicate to non-finance stakeholders;
• Strong work ethic and flexibility to meet dynamic business needs;
• Advanced skills in MS Excel and ERP aptitude;
• Experience, proficiency and comfort in communicating and working effectively at various levels, including senior management;
• Sense of autonomy, initiative and responsibility;
• Motivated self-starter that takes initiative to bring issues to resolution.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.