David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies has partnered with our client to assist them in recruiting a Financial / Actuarial Analyst based in Saskatoon.
Our client serves a niche market with customized estate planning products designed to meet the planning needs of owners of privately-held mid- to large-sized Canadian businesses. The ideal candidate will understand and develop financial plans utilizing life insurance products and knowledge of Canadian tax and investment strategies. The individual will require a strong background in insurance or finance along with a strong ability to interpret and manipulate data in order to create solutions for our clients. Financial Modeling and critical thinking are key components of this role and qualified candidates will be extremely detail-oriented and able to work independently. The position requires knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Develop and analyze complex financial models in Excel that depict specialized estate planning structures
- Research pricing components of existing insurance and develop internal methodologies to provide solutions for clients using actuarial skills
- Review and analyze permanent life insurance products from major insurance companies in Canada and the United States and select an optimal product mix to fit the parameters prospective clients
- Liaise and collaborate with external actuarial resources to obtain actuarial opinions on specific transactions, and help review and produce reports with regards to fair market value of policies
- Develop internal templates and models for risk assessments and actuarial valuation techniques
- Keep client plans up-to-date by gathering data and producing annual reports
- Keep up to date with financial markets, products and legislation
The Ideal Candidate:
- University business degree, preferably with a focus in Finance or Actuarial Science, preferably with knowledge of Life Insurance
- Three to five years of industry experience
- Experience in a pricing or risk management of insurance
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, financial statements and taxation as relates to estate and business succession planning in Canada
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and modeling skills; experience in financial analysis, modeling, and data gathering preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different levels of management
- Be a team-oriented individual that brings a positive attitude into the workplace
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and short deadlines with minimal supervision
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Angela Degelman , Consultant, Aplin Accounting & Finance. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP .
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com .