G3 Canada Limited is a progressive and continuously growing company. As part of our commitment of building a smarter path from Farmer’s fields to the global market, we are establishing a highly efficient coast to coast Canadian Grain enterprise designed to provide a unique competitive alternative to farmers and superior service to customers and stakeholders. The integrity and resourcefulness of our people are the foundation of that commitment.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: G3 Head Office, Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Controller, Corporate Financial Reporting, the Financial Analyst is responsible for the gathering, analysis, and presentation of meaningful financial information on both an ad hoc and ongoing basis. In the case of information presented on an ongoing basis they will develop and maintain financial systems, dashboards, reports, and processes that provide timely and meaningful information to the business in the most efficient manner feasible. The Financial Analyst will work closely with the operations, accounting, treasury, and TDS teams, and internal and external stakeholders to perform their role. They will bring a strong financial system and quantitative skill set, exceptional analytical skills and curiosity, along with impeccable organizational and communications skills to the role.
- Gathers, distills, and analyses information from G3’s various financial, and operational systems to provide meaningful insights and trends
- Works with all levels of managers and subject matter experts to identify opportunities for applying financial systems technology developments and dashboard insights to eliminate manual processing and disparate data sources for financial information
- Participates in business process reengineering studies to meet defined business objectives such as: increased quality, reduced cycle times, reduced costs
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates project feasibility and potential impact of strategic systems changes on business process
- Automates reports and data integration processes with support from TDS to optimize and standardize and scale finance reporting and tracking processes for G3
- Establishes and maintains strategic peer relationships across the business, specifically all levels of managers and subject matter experts related to enterprise financial systems and reporting
- Assist with the financial planning and analysis activities of the finance team with focus on leveraging financial systems to streamline processes and enhance usability by the business.
- Complete special projects at the direction from Corporate Controller
- Maintain relationships and strengthen communication between development team and internal and external stakeholders
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of University degree plus professional accounting or finance designation – CPA or CFA 3 up to 5 years of financial (corporate) accounting or financial reporting experience.
- Experience with SAP S/4 Hana
- Thorough knowledge of financial concepts as well as strong and keen analytical abilities.
- Numerical excellence; logical as well as observatory skills.
- Interest and aptitude in management information systems
- Excellent communicative skills – verbal and written.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in dashboard tools such as Microsoft BI, Tableau, SAP Fiori would be an asset
If you are looking for a flexible work-life balance, a competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to grow your career, G3 will give you this opportunity. Join our diverse team of talented professionals!
G3 is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment, and to supporting the success of employees throughout the organization. We encourage women, indigenous people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply and self-identify.
- Pay Type Salary