Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Field Service and Technical Advising Specialist provides locomotive expertise in an advisory capacity to railroad customers, operating on-site at a Railroad Locomotive Repair Center. The shift for this role is from 8 pm – 4 am upon completion of a 2 month training period. In this role, you will:
- Represent Wabtec to the customer by providing technical solutions and timely OEM replacement parts.
- Represent Wabtec in the customer facility by providing technical information, workscopes,
- troubleshooting, and recommended repairs for locomotive maintenance.
- Use your technical network to escalate technical concerns and engage remote Wabtec technical
- resources to solve local customer problems.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels within the customer shop.
- Actively communicate within the shop and with the expanded Wabtec network to ensure technical
- accuracy and appropriate urgency.
- Understand applicable industry regulations (Transport Canada / FRA / AAR).
- Understand and apply all environmental, health, and safety rules to work safely and actively
- participate in a positive safety culture.
- Maintain Wabtec assets at the customer site (material, IT, intellectual property, tooling).
- Monitor inventory levels against targets and proactively identify changes to safety stocks to
- support customer needs.
- Follow controllership procedures to maintain Wabtec’s inventory of replacement parts. This includes
- part ordering, expediting, receiving, stocking, inventory, and delivery.
- Perform material handling (unpack, move, pack) with 100% compliance to safety guidelines.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in dealing with all customers and external
- Associate degree in Technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of Operations or Military experience.
- Willing to work shift during the hours of 8 pm – 4 am (Fri/Sat) upon completion of 2 month training period
- Willing and able to travel as required for work, up to 20%.
- Willing and able to work various shifts on various days in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Willing and able to work in a shop environment with significant time on the floor or on locomotives.
- Willing and able to follow railroad site safety procedures.
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- High energy self-starter comfortable interacting with the customer at all levels in a deadline driven
- Prior locomotive maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Heavy diesel engine maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong applied electrical troubleshooting background (AC & DC).
- Experience in material transactions and inventory management using Oracle.
- Strong communicator and influencer across cross-functional teams.
- Able to motivate teams and lead change across the organization.
No relocation assistance provided for this role.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.