In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Using significant initiative and sound judgment, the Executive Assistant provides a proactive, superior level of consultative, administrative and expert secretarial support to the Office of the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO). The Executive Assistant must have strong communication skills, be well organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize work, customer focused and a strong member of the executive support team. The Executive Assistant must demonstrate tact and diplomacy at all times and particularly when dealing with challenging situations or tight time lines for the completion of assignments and must have significant experience in determining priorities.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to high school graduation, additional related course work in office or business administration and seven (7) years’ related experience in a large complex organization, preferably in the healthcare field.
Skills And Abilities
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment with a variety of disciplines to maintain and foster good working relationships.
- Ability to perceive and anticipate the executive’s needs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, in dealing with a variety of work situations, hospital staff, board members, government representatives, community agency personnel and the general public.
- Ability to adapt to the working style of the executive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Aptitude to be proactive requiring minimum direction.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues before they escalate.
- Capable of decision making/problem solving within predetermined guidelines.
- Organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure with short turn around times.
- Strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of software applications such as MS Office, Windows, and Project.
Link to Full Job Description
Additional information for applicants
Non-Contract Support Staff