DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking leads to endless opportunities.
Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as an Excel VBA Developer. Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by designing, developing and maintaining innovative, high-quality solutions that are defining the way MNP does business.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Create, maintain and support a variety of Excel templates, both as stand-alone products and as front ends to SQL Databases
- Understand business needs and the requested functionality to ensure end products meet these requirements
- Identify opportunities to leverage Excel’s capabilities to enhance business processes and other systems
- Rapid prototype modelling to validate business requirements
- Build Excel add-ins, or other integrations between Excel and external systems
- Develop, test and deploy high quality and maintainable VBA code
- Develop, test and deploy SQL code in stored procedures, scripts, or other technologies in support of Excel templates
- Participate in Agile processes as part of a development team
- Use Azure DevOps for Source Control and Work Item Tracking
- Continual learning as new features and capabilities are released for the Excel platform
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
Your Skills and Experience
- 3 or more years experience building Excel templates in an enterprise environment including programmatic manipulation of spreadsheets and integration with third party systems
- Advanced coding skills with VBA
- Advanced skills with Excel formulas and pivot tables
- Demonstrated ability to build SQL queries and stored procs, and programmatically interacting with SQL Server via Excel macros
- Proven ability to translate requirements into technical solutions that meet and exceed business needs
- Experience with VB.Net or C# to interface with Excel is an asset
- VSTO experience is an asset
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including four 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!