Insight Global is looking for an ETL Developer to join our client in Vancouver.
• Designs, develops and programs custom software, defines detailed ETL specifications, standards, and diagrams and develops coding logic flowcharts.
• Packages in house developed ETL applications for production or integrates vendor supplied applications.
• Provides technical expertise, training, and consultation to other staff.
• Conducts ETL testing to ensure application meets specifications.
• Design and implement robust, highly disciplined and maintainable ETL processes; develop data profiling, quality and cleansing requirements.
• Serve as a data quality/cleansing consultant for functional analysts to help define, estimate, and propose solutions for functional data issues.
• Contribute to designing detailed ETL strategies, approaches, and plans under the guidance of the Team Lead.
Why you should work with our client:
• WFH/Remote Opportunity: Yes, our client is working from home for the remainder of the year, but even after they go back on campus managers tend to be flexible with WFH (usually 1 or 2 days a week), this candidate will most likely need to work on site for the week of Go Live (November 1st)
• Company culture: This is a dynamic, fast paced team! You will get exposure to a large system implementation and work with a variety of different professionals from diverse backgrounds!
• Exciting projects or technologies they work with: Exposure to a large ERP implementation
• Access to transportation (Ex: close to the sky train, free shuttle, etc.): Easily accessible bus routes and on campus parking
• 5+ years’ experience with ETL, Data Quality, Data Cleansing, and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) concepts, principles, and tuning strategies;
• 5+ years’ experience with SQL programming including advanced queries in multiple database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience developing ETLs with Informatica PowerCenter
• Experience performing technical analysis, technical design, implementation planning and delivery, and technical and end-user documentation
• Experience in at least one of the following areas of IT is required: data warehouse development, software development, ERP implementation, infrastructure, and ITIL/ITSM.
• Practical experience with delivery of large scale enterprise-class ETLs and Data Quality best practices
• Experience in a large public organization
• Experience in a university environment
• Knowledge of Student Information Systems
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems with multiple modules (e.g. CRM, Sales, Invoicing, and Financial Accounting)