Bank of Montreal
800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
The Analyst is responsible for supporting BMO and its Affiliates Trade Settlement process. Fulfill routine and frequently non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities, and solve more complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on up to a three-month time horizon. Follow procedures to resolve internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests and issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for timely and accurate processing of defined Trade Settlement equity/ETF activities on CDS and DTC.
Key functions include:
Support Trade Confirmation activities which include affirming trade details with counterparties Confirmation discrepancies resolution through laising with BMO Global Middle Office Manage the daily reconciliation process related to ensure firm and trade execution platforms position are in line and escalate and resolve breaks. Review client inquires, scheduled or on demand, troubleshoot/ resolve most problems independently, Escalate all unresolved processing problems to the appropriate level, as per guidelines Act as SME to translate business objectives into plans that can be implemented for small- to midsized initiatives, including process redesign to compliment the change management/ product support strategy for the commodity business unit, adhering to and maintaining established standards and practices; represent technical business needs and requirements in the introduction of new/ revised processes and systems. Provide complete coverage of multiple desks during staffing shortages Maintain appropriate audit trails for all tasks
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of related experience preferred, although any exceptional candidates will be considered
- Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls
- Good understanding of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
- Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products preferred
- Ability to fit in and function well within a team
- Knowledge of Broadridge an asset
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good investigation skills
- Good prioritization skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service and relationship management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.