Position: Epic Applications Analyst
Job ID: 2021- 20385
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Dept/Health System: OneTHP
Posted: March 09, 2021
Internal Deadline: March 23, 2021
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is a leading hospital with an outstanding record of performance, fiscal responsibility and quality patient care. THP operates on three main sites – Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre and offers a full range of acute care as well as a variety of specialized, community-based programs. THP’s mission is to create a new kind of health care for a healthier community. Guided by its values of compassion, excellence, and courage, THP’s strategic plan envisions a new approach to health – working in partnership to create an inter-connected system of care that is organized around the patient, both inside the Hospital and beyond its walls, by balancing quality, access and sustainability. With a vision for developing a common information platform that supports an efficient patient experience, common clinical best practices and continuity of information, THP has identified information and technology as key enablers on their journey to transforming care. For more information about THP, please visit their website at https://trilliumhealthpartners.ca
The Position:The Epic Applications Analyst is a highly motivated individual who will use their experience, computer science, and/or technical skills to support THP’s Epic Health Information System (HIS). Using their expertise, the Epic Applications Analyst will serve as the connection between end users’ clinical needs and the larger application build team to ensure the needs of their area are met. Reporting to the Manager, Applications, the Epic Applications Analyst will learn and support OneTHP’s Epic Applications, analyze and troubleshoot problems, and optimize Application use and improve business processes.
Here’s what you will get to do:
- Workflow design, build, and testing and analyze other technical issues associated with the software
- Develop an understanding of operational needs to set the direction for THP’s workflows by attending site visits, validation sessions, and other integrated sessions
- Act as the secondary support contact for the application’s end users
- Attend weekly meetings with team members to discuss the status of deliverables, shared issues, end user concerns, and upcoming milestones
- Identify issues that arise in your application area as well as issues that impact other application teams and work to resolve them
- Analyze business operations as they relate to build decisions
- Analyze, review, and test new functionality in releases
- Achieve certification in the vendor’s application
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and to work odd or extended hours as required
Here’s what you need to have:
- Successful completion of either a University Degree or College Diploma in a Computer Science, Business, or a Health-related discipline
- Hospital clinical, patient access, or project management experience an asset
- Previous experience with Epic an asset
- Previous experience in HIM or Finance (Hospital Billing) an asset
- Moderate technical aptitude
- The ability and willingness to learn new software and systems
- Demonstrated flexibility with respect to changing end user needs
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- The ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others
- The ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with project leadership and other stakeholders
- The ability to seek, logically examine, and interpret information from different sources to determine a problem’s cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and to prevent its recurrence
- The ability to persevere in difficult situations, overcome obstacles, and reach high levels of performance when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply through an Expression of Interest.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.