Software Development Support (SDS) is the integration point with product development for our customer support teams for many BlackBerry products within the BlackBerry SPARK & IoT Solutions Group. The primary role of the team is to be the strongest technical R&D team that supports our BlackBerry Software. SDS also programs critical quick fixes, tools and scripts for our customers. SDS works to solve the most complex problems that our enterprise customers encounter often involving creating custom diagnostic builds and advanced debugging techniques.
- Provide development support to our BlackBerry Customer Support organization including log analysis, testing/reproduction of the issue, code level debugging, identification of coding fixes, and investigation into workarounds for customer issues
- Timely resolution/investigation of escalations from various support groups
- Database expertise and able to write database scripts to address customer issues
- Logging product defects in issue tracking systems including identification of fixes required.
- Technical product documentation creation/review, knowledge base article creation
- Update Case Notes frequently to help provide a summary of the status of the case for management, peers and interested parties
- Consult with Senior members of the SDS team, Product Development, Product Managers or other product experts on cases when necessary to help progress investigation
- As the Software Development Support team will support our world-wide Technical Support groups, an on-call rotation is required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline
- Previous work experience with Microsoft SQL Server® or PostgreSQL
- Experience with iOS, Android, Windows or Linux Operating Systems and troubleshooting problems
- Superior troubleshooting, advanced debugging and problem-solving skills
- Very strong communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced, high intensity environment while retaining a positive, customer centric attitude
- Experience analyzing application memory dumps
- Previous experience working with BlackBerry Enterprise solutions
- Previous experience working with managing or developing for iOS, Android, Windows or Linux
- 3+ years’ experience in development/maintenance of Java or C++ applications
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: