Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD)
All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?
TD’s Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That’s our unique and inclusive culture.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
This position is with the Enterprise Architecture team, who directs and supports TD Bank in the shaping of the banks systems and application portfolio through its guiding principles;
Declare our choices proactively and transparently, identify architectural solutions that can be leveraged enterprise-wide and clearly communicate why they were selected. Design for simplicity and reuse, driven by establishing a clear destination enabling choices that result in consistent solutions with proven patterns and technologies that right-size the architecture to the problem being solved. Be and be known as experts, by continuously learning, sharing our knowledge, and actively collaborating through communities. Take accountability for our architecture designs, continuously evaluating our architectures and focusing on the outcomes of our architecture choices
The successful candidate will be working in the following department:
Information Security Architecture: The Information Security Architecture team provides security architecture governance and strategy for the enterprise. This position requires a constant desire to learn about security architecture capabilities and use various software tools such as MS Office tools and architecture modelling tools to create artifacts. It also involves managing ESA requests and working with ESA internal customers to facilitate their requests. There is also an opportunity to assist in building the artifacts that would be used to secure TD’s assets.
Security architecture artifacts include; Models, Patterns, Target State, Advisories and roadmaps for a number of our security domains:
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Application and API Architecture
- Big Data (Hadoop)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management Risk Management, Computing, or similar
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical skills related to hardware and software and networking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrives working with others
- Self-driven, organized and able to prioritize work, recognizing when it’s important to seek help when faced with competing tasks and adapt quickly to feedback
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail
- A thirst for constantly exploring emerging security technology
- Experience with technical documentation e.g. risk reviews, audit briefs
- Skills that are not required, but would be an asset (specific technical, and other skills
- Knowledge of Security Architecture methodologies (SABSA, TOGAF)
- Practical experience writing technical documentation
- Familiarity with MS Visio or other Architecture modeling tools
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 3 rd , 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.