BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We do this by empowering scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, easy to use biomedical artificial intelligence software platform, thereby avoiding delays that slow the progress of medicine to clinical trials. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for more than 41,000 scientists that accelerates research at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Web Applications Team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Web Applications, you will be responsible for the planning, delivery, mentoring, and coaching of multiple full-stack engineering teams to lead all Client Integrations directly with our clients. In this role, you will work closely with the product team and help with cross-team priorities and management.
- Be accountable for Web Application components of project delivery. Engage with R&D, Data Pipeline, Science, and Product teams to facilitate the delivery of complex projects with high quality in a timely manner
- Be the engineering leader in our client integration initiatives and lead the development efforts internally and with our client engineering teams
- Manage the performance evaluation, feedback, coaching, and development of all engineers on your teams
- Own and drive execution of the technical roadmap
- Take a leadership role in our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes
- Help improve the processes and patterns of interfacing with multiple teams
- Be accountable for the overall delivery of new features and products – ensuring the quality of code and committing to the timelines
- Work with the product owner to gather and refine requirements, and see development through to QA, deployment, and ongoing maintenance
- Help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional developer
- 2+ years of experience working in a leadership capacity within software development
- Solid experience building web applications and optimizing the development environment, processes, and practices
- Experience with back-end and client integrations solutions
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
Nice to haves, but not mandatory qualifications:
- Experience building SaaS applications
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options in the company
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan: All employees get the “executive treatment”
- Effectiveness coaching for managers: Onsite, personalized coaching from an executive coach with a doctorate in clinical psychology
- Mental health tools and support: Optional mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe: Find out what your DNA says about your health, traits, and ancestry
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week: Get 15 days to use anytime, and we’re closed Dec 25-Jan 1
- Additional days off: Company summer day, your birthday, and earn +1 vacation day annually
- Work from anywhere flexibility: Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym: Keep fit, conveniently, with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package: Including health and dental
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.