Boston Scientific Corporation
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life’s work.
Are you looking for a career that will make a difference?
About the role:
Great opportunity to be part of a fast-paced highly reputable medical device company developing lifesaving therapy. We are looking for experienced and highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the development of on system software. The candidate will partake in new product development activities such as research, design, and testing to bring products from concept to market.
Your responsibilities include:
- Front-end and Back-end software development
- Participate in software development of new functionality in various software components for devices on a real-time OS.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (develop, test, document, debug and maintain the applications).
- Develop scripts, test utilities, and other development aids to improve designer efficiency.
- Research product concepts and potential manufacturers for cost-effective development
- Design, invent and/or improve products that demonstrate substantial market demand
- Improve, verify, and/or validate existing products
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with equipment and devices
- Development of written material such as product specification sheets and operational manuals
- Design Documentation
- Validate & test prototype designs ensuring to meet applicable regulatory expectations
- Work closely with sales and marketing departments to establish product launch strategies
- Work closely with patent attorneys to ensure intellectual property protection
- Work closely with regulatory and legal departments to ensure product compliance and exclusivity
- Work closely with quality departments to ensure product quality during production
Travel: Occasional travel required visiting other facilities and suppliers nationally and internationally
What We’re looking for
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Five (5) years’ experience in developing software with embedded technique. Knowledge of medical device industry is an asset.
- University degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science. Masters degree preferable.
- Experience with software design to meet stringent regulatory requirements such as pharmaceutical, aeronautical or medical devices.
- Good Team Player. Collaboration with different departments
- Strong Working experience in:
- Developing Microsft windows base applications
- UML, C#, Visual Studio, WPF
- MS SQL Server and SQL programming.
- Software development life cycle process such as IEC 62304
- Software verification & validation.
- Risk management such ad ISO 14971
- Strong credentials in system integration and testing
- Strong knowledge of, CAN bus, USB
- Cloud based and mobile enabled solutions integration and testing (Asset)
- Knowledge of IEC60601 an asset
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems 21CFR820 and ISO 13485 is an asset
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to professionally interact with suppliers/manufacturers and to evaluate their capabilities
- Excellent communication skills; fluent English (oral & written), working French
If you feel that you have the skills required for this position and would like to be part of this exciting opportunity, apply now:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please submit your resume in Word format to facilitate the delivery of your application.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 472391
Job Segment: Developer, Medical, Engineer, Software Engineer, Aeronautical Engineering, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering