Engineer IV, Software – Applications
Omnicell is looking for seasoned engineering lead to join the newly formed Platform Services group whose charter is help enable and ensure all engineering teams can build Omnicell services as efficiently and as effectively as possible. The right individual would focus on helping the engineering teams to design and develop new capabilities on the cloud platform as well as help in the transition of current product portfolio to the platform – in turn helping Omnicell realize the vision of autonomous pharmacy.
The Engineer IV, Software is an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating and extending Omnicell products. This person is a highly skilled developer who can apply industry and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience in Healthcare or a related industry.
- Collaborate with product management to understand business requirements and plan products and features
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Provide technical leadership for the architecture, design, and implementation of Omnicell software solutions
- Conduct code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the application’s life cycle
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources once deployed
- Continue to improve code quality by tracking, reducing and avoiding technical debt
- Grow and mentor other engineers
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep experience building web-based applications and RESTful API’s
- Comfortable deploying service oriented and microservices architectures
- Ability to create and deploy event-driven architectures using messaging systems/service bus with technologies such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Comfortable shipping new features in a SPA environment.
- Experience scaling and deploying applications in the public cloud using technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Skill to balance driving the right architecture with the realities of live customers and the need to ship software.
- Passionate about mentoring junior engineers.
- A can-do attitude and ability to make a positive impact our culture.
- Understands agile and enjoy working in 2-week release cycles.
- Ability to always put the customer first.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years’ experience in software engineering
- 5 years of experience building web-based applications
- 2 Years of experience delivering software in the cloud
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 5 year of Experience in C# and the .NET Framework
- 6 months experience in .Net Core
- 3 years of experience with a microservices architecture
- 2 years of experience in Angular 4 or above
- 1 years of public cloud experience
- 1 year experience healthcare or pharmaceutical experience working with interfaces such as HL7, FHIR. EDI and working with PHI.
- 1 year of inventory / warehouse management
- Onshore/Remote environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.