Spin Master Ltd.
Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children’s entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds-and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
We are looking for a well-rounded Electrical Engineer, highly skilled in embedded software development as well as electronics hardware design, and responsible for development of global consumer products, from idea to production, acting as a Subject Matter Expert within the Engineering team. Please note: this is a 14-month contract.
What we can expect from you:
- Responsible for the firmware and electronics development from prototyping to full production.
- Develop clean, maintainable and extensible code and test sequences for early prototypes, pre-production and production samples.
- Responds and delivers to the Engineering, design and brand team requests in a service-oriented manner and able to take responsibility for high-quality development in time for multiple milestones during the development phases.
- Apply your knowledge of electronics, electrical engineering, computer science, and product development in order to be a Subject Matter Expert within the company.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure system designs are cohesive, on-time and on-cost.
- Manage projects with a customer-oriented mindset and provide detailed feedback using solid engineering principles.
- Effectively communicate project status to necessary team members and elevate critical issues to upper management.
- Research new technologies and create cost-effective applications for existing technologies.
- Evaluate prototypes, pre-production and production samples for function.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and Quality Assurance teams on reliability and safety.
- Work effectively with external software / app vendors to ensure final performance of hardware and software.
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Strong interest in robotics industry, robotic technologies, and consumer electronics.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, multifaceted, and fun environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands.
- Experience acting in a technical leadership role is a plus.
- Demonstrates a hands-on team approach to solving problems.
- You are a “tinkerer” and a creative, dynamic, well-rounded individual.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience designing, programming, and troubleshooting consumer electronic products.
- Highly experienced with programing in C language and embedded software development for 32-bit and 8-bit microcontrollers/microprocessors (such as ARM Cortex M0) from ST, General Plus, Nuvoton, Nyquest, Sensory, or similar chip manufacturers.
- Highly skilled in electronics design, working with electro-mechanical devices, and ability to develop control systems for them.
- Organized and systematic troubleshooting / debugging skills required.
- Familiar with Altium or similar schematic software and PCB Layout skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Vision, etc.
- App development skills would be an asset but not required.
- Availability for international travel from time to time to support product development needs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Mandarin a plus!
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.