ROLE: EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a qualified Software Engineer with experience in control systems and automation you will be expected to design, implement and test software applications for naval systems.
Location: Mississauga, ON
- Design, develop, and maintain computer system software in accordance with approved software design documents for inclusion into military products.
- Translate functional specifications into defined software capabilities.
- Update/ maintain bug tracking repository to summarize design and code status, and software user manuals.
- Keep abreast of state-of-the-art software systems in order to advance programming techniques and to develop improved programming efficiency.
- In-field support with some travel required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of full development life cycle experience through test and deployment and cross platform skills.
- Experience with embedded Real Time software development using VxWorks
- Experience with C / C++ language
- Experience with control systems software design
- Exposure to servo drive applications
- Familiarity with software revision control
- Experience in VHDL programming for FPGAs
- Knowledge of industry standard architectures such as PCI-Express, SRIO, and VPX form factors
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to project management and the rest of the development team
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Help to define requirements for complex Navy systems
- Create functional specifications by decomposing high level requirements into defined capabilities
- Develop and update Software Requirements Description (SRD), Software Design Description (SDD), and Software Test Plans
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. #LI-AC1
Join the WRIGHT Team!
Curtiss-Wright’s INDAL facility combines a high level of engineering and manufacturing capability with expertise in the management of large and complex defense programs to produce specific solutions for the world’s navies. With over 50 years of experience, we lead in the design and development of ship-borne helicopter handling systems, undersea sensor handling systems and specialized on-deck structures.
Our employees are highly motivated, self-starters and able to work in a fast-paced team environment where critical and tight deadlines are common, and Customer Satisfaction is our foremost mission.
Curtiss-Wright invests in the development, recruitment and retention of critical skills as part of its model for business success. We offer a competitive wage, a complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, RRSP retirement plan, and vacations/holidays.