Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Develops software applications, user interfaces, databases and embedded software. Considers software architecture to include networked applications and interactions within a system. Roles with responsibility for cloud architecture should be assigned to this job family. Jobs that provide engineering technical support in this field should be assigned to this job family.
This position is for a junior level embedded software developer who will perform a variety of complex engineering tasks in support of Technology Development – Embedded Controls initiatives.
- Candidate will be involved in all stages of the embedded lifecycle – inception, requirements, design, implementation, testing, documentation, delivery, improvement and support of software and hardware with more emphasis on software.
- Write engineering specifications, test protocols and test embedded systems
- Act as a technical resource to other departments
- Contribute to continuous improvement
- Research, experiment, test and source new technologies
- Team player comfortable in an AGILE team and able to work with a globally diverse development team
Critical competencies/leadership anchors:
- Quickly learns when faced with new challenges; strives to enhance his/her own knowledge and skills, undeterred by the knowledge that some lessons are learned from setbacks. (Charts the Course)
- Motivated by the challenge of new work; comfortable with ambiguity; proactively seeks answers. (Charts the Course)
- Initiates and participates in the thoughtful use of DBS tools. (Leads through DBS)
- Strives to deliver highest quality output and collaborates with the team to deliver on shared goals. (Leads through DBS)
- Takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance; and is accountable for meeting commitments. (Builds People Team and Organizations)
- Understands the shared purpose and how daily work is an important contribution to meeting these goals. (Builds People Team and Organizations)
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Values. (Models Humility, Transparency & Integrity
- Seeks feedback regarding strengths and weaknesses; is not defensive; acts on feedback; and provides balanced feedback when asked. (Models Humility, Transparency & Integrity)
- Creativity, problem solving and attention to detail
- Experience in embedded C/C++ programming
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience reading circuit schematics and troubleshooting electrical circuits
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
Experience with any of the following an asset:
- Experience with Agile processes and SCRUM in particular
- Experience with Linux and developing applications for Linux
- Experience in Visual C# programming
- FreeScale/NXP KDS or CodeWarrior, Microsoft Visual C#, Python, FreeRTOS, Linux,
- Fieldbus’ like Modbus, EthernetIP, ProfiNET etc.
- Quality Assurance in software or electronics field
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.