Job Description & Qualifications
Ford was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. As we look to the future and the changing needs of society, we are committed to becoming the world’s most trusted mobility company – delivering smart vehicles for a smart world. Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on.
What you’ll be able to do:
As a software developer, the candidate will be involved in the full lifecycle of embedded software development on Ford infotainment system. Developers will be responsible for working on the next generation application frameworks which are to provide various common services and APIs for the UI applications and services. The software development is primarily in C++, Java, Kotlin.
- Develop C/C++/Java/Kotlin-based frameworks for the company’s infotainment system
- Work on proof of concepts for next generation infotainment systems
- Implement APIs to tie into the graphical user-interfaces
- Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best-in-class infotainment system
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar scientific field (Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of degree completion for the highest level of education attained. If the degree was obtained from a school outside of Canada, an Education Credential Assessment report showing Canadian equivalency is also required.)
- 2+ years C/C++/Java/Kotlin software development experience on automotive, embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years of experience with unit-testing and mock frameworks
- 1+ year(s) experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts such as SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, etc.
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of C++/Java/Kotlin software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Multi-process, multi-tasking or multi-threaded based applications
- Embedded operating systems (Linux, Android or QNX)
- Experience developing software on Android and QNX OS based platforms
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, CMMI, FMEA, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and/or Wi-Fi
- Proficiency with revision control including: Git, Subversion, or equivalent
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous paid time off, retirement and savings plans, plus much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ford of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a culturally diverse workforce. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and / or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Candidates for this position must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited does not sponsor work permit application.