Title: Embedded Platform Software Engineer
Infinera Line System team is searching for an experienced embedded and real-time software/firmware developer for our leading-edge optical line system product line. Our team is responsible for developing carrier grade software and firmware which follow modular and reusable design principles. Our software and firmware consist many layers and components from low level device drivers to optical control application and interface to shelf controller. The candidate is required to fully understand line system firmware/software architecture and its real time operating system, and be able to work independently developing common platform software that can be used for multiple products and support required optical control functions.
Key Responsibilities Would Include:
- Develop common platform software for line system products in Linux. The platform software includes but not limited to Linux system start up, inter-process messaging system, process life cycle management and software/firmware upgrade. Program interrupt handling in kernel space.
- Develop Petalinux build process with CMAKE files and support automatic build system and continuous integration/test activities.
- Develop tool box to aid real time debugging in Linux environment.
Be able to work on software interface layer that communicates with system controller on a different card through gRPC interface over Ethernet.
Be able to provide to management team accurate design estimates for planning purposes.
- Be able to follow development processes to ensure delivery of quality products on time.
- Flexible and be able to adapt to changing tasks when needed.
- Education & Experiences Required:
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer engineering/Electrical engineering, or equivalent education.
- Minimum 5 years industry working experiences in real time programming in C++/C/Python/shell programming in Linux and FreeRTOS environment.
- Working experiences in programming in Linux kernel space and board bring up (FSBL/uBoot).
- Solid industry experiences with low level device interfaces including but not limited to SPI, I2C and PCIe interfaces.
Good understanding of SOC controller/processor architecture and feature set.
- Experiences with optical networking communication systems – especially optical transceivers or/and fiber optics modules – is a plus.
- Proven ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.