City: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Canada
Position ID: J0920-1057
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
As an integral part of the Global Security Operation Centre (GSOC) team, the Elasticsearch Engineer (Elastic Support) is responsible for supporting and enhancing the security events and log handling solutions. The ideal candidate will be a technical leader working with other technical security experts in charge of supporting key operational systems. You should demonstrate a detailed understanding of infrastructure operations and in-depth knowledge and experience around logging solutions including log management, log monitoring and SIEM solutions.
If you are passionate about security, love to solve technical challenges and enjoy learning new modern solutions, we would like to hear from you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Elasticsearch Engineer (Elastic Support) is responsible for the following activities related to the Security Infrastructure operations:
Security Logging and Event Monitoring Solutions Support:
• Handle the overall functioning of the security events and log handling solutions including all related components
• Coordinate internal service providers to ensure accurate functioning of the infrastructure where the applications are installed
• Participate within new log sources onboarding project to deliver accurate integration and content parsing
• Perform senior support technical lead duties in collaboration with other security support experts
Security Logging & Event Monitoring Solutions Evolution:
• Responsible for the evolution of the solutions
• Maintain knowledge of security monitoring solutions market
• Participate in roadmap, long-term evolution & product evaluation
• Identify standard methodologies and improvements for SIEM, Log collectors and Elasticsearch clusters
IT Innovation and Efficiency:
• Maintain knowledge & implement technologies related to IT/security management, Automation, DevOps
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate will have expertise and solid experience (5+ years) in at least two (2) of the following areas:
• SIEM Analyst, Administrator & Architecture
• Security Solutions Architect
• Security Infrastructure Support
• IT and/or Security Innovation and automation
Security Architecture Experience:
• Experience being a security technical lead
• Experience in IT security application design, support & deployment
• Experience producing design and system architecture documentation
Security Application Support Experience:
• Elastic solutions (i.e: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Filebeat)
• SIEM Solutions (i.e: Elastic, ArcSight, Logpoint, QRadar)
• Log collection solutions (Syslog, Rsyslog, syslog-ng)
• Data Ingestion queuing and stream processing (Nifi, Kafka)
• Strong understanding of Linux operating system
• Scripting knowledge (Bash Shell, Python, etc.)
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed and diligent
• Outstanding communication skills (Oral/Written)
Education and Certifications
• Degree in IT Security, Engineering or Technology related fields a major plus
• Relevant certifications are highly desirables
- Apache Kafka
- Elastic Certified Engineer
- syslog-ng – Implementation Pro
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.