Stantec’s Support Teams provide Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Communications, and Risk Management administrative support services to approximately 22,000 employees operating out of more than 400 locations worldwide. Through this support infrastructure, we are poised to help Stantec reach its vision of becoming and remaining a top 10 global design firm.
Within Information Technology, Integrated Business Applications, we are looking for a full time Quality Assurance Analyst to collaborate with project teams through the testing and defect management process for changes to our Oracle E-Business Suite and other corporate applications. This position will participate in manual and automated testing with emphasis being placed on automated testing.
Reporting to the Manager, Application Quality Assurance & Control, your specific duties will include:
- Enhancing and maintaining the automation framework.
- Participate in the selection and implementation of test automation tool(s).
- Creating standards and procedures for SMEs to use the framework and automate their test cases using recommended tools.
- Assessing appropriate applications and scenarios to automate.
- Leading and/or coordinating project teams through the Quality Assurance processes including manual and automation test processes.
- Responsible for providing calculation of ROI on test automation.
- Collaborating and consulting with business and systems analysts on test automation scenarios, test cases and test plans.
- Creating test cases and test suites in our test management tool.
- Executing test cases, analyzing test results and logging defects in Jira.
- Providing project teams test execution and defect status reports.
- Administering and maintaining test application tools.
- Other duties, including manual testing, as required.
- Graduation in a computer related Degree or Diploma program.
- Minimum 5 years of test automation experience.
- Knowledge of manual and automated testing methodologies and best practices.
- Hands on programming skills with any of Java, C#, Python or similar scripting languages.
- Proficiency in at least one market leading automation tool like Selenium/Open Script/Fitnesse.
- Experience with a scriptless test automation tools such as Tosca, SmartBear or WorkSoft.
- Understanding of databases and querying multiple types of databases is required.
- Understanding of CI or continuous integration and use of potential automation tools in CI.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, ideally with a background as an EBS business or systems analyst.
- Understanding of ITIL practices.
- Solid understanding of Financial, HRMS and Project Accounting business processes.
- Experience automating Oracle EBS is very desirable.
- Experience with Tricentis qTest and Atlassian Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Ability to work in very dynamic environment switching projects and focus on short notice.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and think analytically.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with good collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in information systems or related field
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in test automation
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Application and Systems Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Barrie, Canada-Alberta-Fort McMurray, Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife, Canada-Nunavut-Iqaluit, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Yukon, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Richmond, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John’s, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001QL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans