Eaton Industries (Canada) Company located in Mississauga, Ontario has an opening for a 4-month Software Programmer Intern at our Mississauga, ON Satellite facility.
Under the direction of the Commercial Operations Manager, the Software Programmer is responsible for developing a new tool to help integrate the way we do business virtually for the Panelboard product. The Panelboard product is a power distribution assembly up to 600V. The function includes working on a project to automate the way we generate job packs and minimize interaction.
- Provide a complete solution to automate and digitize the way we deliver orders to Production.
- Programming and troubleshooting.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics, as well as Safety and Environmental standards and commitment to safety and cost improvement.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- High School Diploma required
- Enrolled and Returning to a post-secondary program
- Familiarity with XML and SQL
- Programming using Visual Studio (VB or C#)
- 2 – 5 years of experience in programming
- Strong analytic skills using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No