Eaton is looking for a Marketing, Pricing & Data Analytics Intern (12-month assignment) for our Digital Marketing team in our Burlington, Ontario facility.
This role will be mainly responsible to support the execution of Eaton’s profit planning activities for 2022, and data and pricing analytics. Specifically, it will focus on supporting development of new analytics dashboards, and advancing, maintaining and documenting existing solutions. In addition, the role will provide support to the broader marketing team in certain routine tasks and activities.
- Support the advancement of analytics in sales and marketing by focusing on key projects that include development/advancement of Power BI dashboards in areas like digital analytics, margin analysis, pricing analytics, and more.
- Facilitate better decision-making by optimizing KPIs and “what-if scenarios”, and automating processes.
- Work with structured data sources (like RDBMSs) and show inquisitiveness to work with semi-structured and/or unstructured data.
- Document new processes and critically assess business problems for solutions & support.
- Support and advance the Profit Planning Excel models for product managers and other stakeholders by populating workbooks with data and preparing for the following year.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and create dashboards as needed.
- Execution of and advancement of data analytics strategy by completion of product manager dashboards.
- Demonstrated acumen for data wrangling and data visualization.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (prior experience in VB scripting preferred), and familiarity with other products from Microsoft Office suite is necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI is required, with ability to gain expertise on the tool.
- Experience in languages such as SQL, Python, R is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and/or data modeling experience to build efficient dashboards is preferred.
- Currently enrolled as a 3rd or 4th year student in a university degree of study in Statistics, Math, Finance, Economics, or Engineering, from an accredited institution.
- This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must reside within 80km of Burlington, Ontario to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience in data analytic tools/applications such as Microsoft Power BI, Python, R, SAS, SQL.
- Demonstrated experience using internal/external data sources to create dashboards using applications such as Power BI, OBIEE, and/or Qlik to uncover business insights.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No