The E-Multi Product Development Engineer II will conceive, plan, prototype, and develop designs for E-Multi and E-Multi related products. The incumbent will maintain close working relationships with sales and our customers around the world. They will remain cognizant of the applicability of new, breakthrough technology to our core and future products.
Who we are:
Mold-Masters® is a world-leading supplier of hot runner technology and systems. We design, manufacture and support a full range of hot runner products that are used in the injection molding production of plastic products – from automotive to everyday consumer items.
Mold-Masters® is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (www.Hillenbrand.com) is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand’s portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Coperion, Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion, and Mold-Masters, in addition to Batesville, a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America. Hillenbrand is publicly traded on the NYSE under “HI.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the business development group, Market Managers and Product Development Managers to develop and analyze technical and design aspects of new development opportunities under business review;
- Provide leadership and mentorship to multidisciplinary product development teams;
- Follow and coordinate with assigned project team the Stage Gate process for product development (scoping, business case, development, testing, and launch); analyze key project metrics;
- Provide input for the product development business case, clearly documents and communicate to ensure successful sign off;
- Establish key project metrics (product cost, project costs, schedule) and take appropriate action;
- Provide consultation and expertise on field issues;
- Mentor and influence product development engineers and designers;
- Review technical inquiries of customers to recommend and quote relevant system; discuss possible new applications when needed;
- Develop new ideas and concepts;
- Develop new or improved methods, products, techniques, etc;
- Advance understanding of materials, material resources and new manufacturing processes;
- Plan, develop and perform product testing;
- Create product testing write ups;
- Evaluate the results of FEA analysis to certify new product safety and performance;
- Produce engineering drawings of any complexity on an as required basis
- Provide relevant and timely information regarding project to management;
- Enter business system information as required for SAP (parts lists, etc.);
- Present findings and updates in written and verbal formats to senior management and customers as required;
- Contact customers and/or suppliers to obtain and exchange information and/or decisions on design and application;
- Provide report of results at testing stage for internal and external employees, customers and suppliers;
- Work with patent documents and drawings, review applications and evaluate existing patents;
- Partake in customer visits as needed; represent the company during launch stage;
- Foster an environment of innovation with the submission of innovative ideas;
- Make recommendations for productivity and method improvements;
- Ensure ISO guidelines are followed;
- In depth knowledge of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M is required.
- Experience with SAP or an ERP is preferred.
- The individual should have an excellent record with Engineering, Sales Representatives and Manufacturing to help identify development opportunities, evaluate competitive products and determine product costing.
- Previous experience as Process Engineer or Tool and Die/Mould Maker would be an asset. Previous experience with material rheology as related to injection molding processes is required.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and excellent organizational skills are required.
- The incumbent must be capable of reading and interpreting documents such as process documentation, blueprints, operating and instructions and procedure manuals.
- The ability to write routine reports and to communicate effectively with employees, management, and customers, is a requirement.
- The incumbent of this role must have a University Degree in Engineering, with minimum of six to eight (6-8) years related experience as a Machine Designer, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans