Central Garden & Pet
The e-Commerce Sales Analyst is responsible for demonstrating strong analytical skills, drawing conclusions and making recommendations to the e-Commerce sales team. He/she must be a curious, passionate, energetic and self-motivated sales analyst with the ability to support multiple branded companion animal lines for one of the Company’s strategic growth engines. He/she will utilize various sources of industry data to analyze and recommend business strategies and corresponding tactics.
Reporting to the e-Commerce Analytics & Category Manager, this position will be based in the Bay Area. Our office is located just a block from the Pleasant Hill Bart Station and is near great restaurants and the Iron Horse Trail, with a short drive to downtown Walnut Creek. Corporate office employees enjoy a free fitness center, free parking, product discounts, discounted membership at Club Sport and an amazing educational assistance program in addition to great medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis of Point-of-Sale (POS), Consumer, Shopper, syndicated, and internal data to develop recommendations with specific action plans on how to address issues and improve economic profit, volume, and share growth. Key examples of analysis include distribution, promotional, category / channel / competitor trends, pricing execution, trade spending, etc.
- Support Ecomm Supply Chain team and their initiatives by providing data and reporting
- Participate in maintaining and enhancing e-commerce data sources across the pet category
- Develop, generate, and present key performance indicators (KPIs) and key reports for business unit leadership, and marketing and sales teams. Proactively assess and execute opportunities to improve data usage
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional partners such as brand marketing, digital marketing, sales, finance, and customer service
- Stay current on business trends, economic conditions, customer initiatives, and historical learning, future trends and provide fact-based decision support to business unit, marketing and sales teams
- Collaborate with the consumer insights team to continuously learn and share best practices
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 2 years of sales analyst experience
- Amazon and Walmart experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) with strong quantitative/analytic curriculum (e.g. statistics, mathematics or engineering) Retail Partner Management
- Expert Excel skills, Tableau a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the use of syndicated e-Commerce data (Amazon ARAP or Nielsen/IRI)
- Strong quantitative ability and comfort with providing data driven guidance and recommendations
- Communication and storytelling skills: must be able to covey a compelling argument using data and analytics
- Ability to work cross-functionally & transversely across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to deadlines, accuracy and professionalism
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.