A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Distribution Regional Manager, the position will lead DC improvement initiatives to achieve efficiencies and overall improvement efforts within the warehouses and logistics team. Serve as a team member of strategic projects and partner with key functional areas including planning, finance, customer care and transportation. Establishes and maintains project and goal tracking systems. Work with NA DC staff in Project Management tools and techniques.
Essential Job Functions:
- To research, develop and implement new IS solutions, provide analytical support for department management, train distribution Supervisors, develop new operational procedures, work with intercompany departments on process improvement efforts and key projects, support and lead process improvement efforts in distribution, analyze and improve current operational processes.
- Maintain facilities and equipment, play a lead role in execution of CER projects for the site.
- Collaborate with colleagues to devise innovative solutions to customer problems and overall Global Operations process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis.
- Work closely with regional & global counterparts to formulate and implement best business practice models
- Develop new business strategies around NA Operations with a concentration in Logistics & Distribution Systems Alignment
- Conduct data analysis to support all projects in all domains of strategic development for logistics and distribution functions (i.e., Third Party Logistics Partners, Acquisition integrations, warehouse and logistics automation (WMS, TMS, etc.) Data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to assigned area of responsibility. Develop and maintain cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
- Standardize global practices within Distribution facilities (in-house or outsourced) and any acquisition integration activities.
- Solve problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management’s goals and standards.
- Participate in clean up of Chemical spills clean-up
- Be available to respond to emergencies outside of the business hours.
- Manage the Warehouse Team during vacation and training activities of the Supervisors.
- Participate in all local, regional and global audits.
Who you are
BA/BS degree in business administration, engineering, logistics or transportation preferred.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the business and key market drivers that have an impact on Distribution as well as other related functions.
- Strong track record as a change agent and innovator in developing and deploying new strategies, business practices and technologies as well as influencing others in embracing the need for change.
- Demonstrated ability to understand global, strategic objectives and identify key priorities
- Proficient in developing and delivering high-quality presentations to all levels of the organization
- Effectively participates in meetings and exhibits effective listening skills
- Six Sigma Certification – Green Belt and/or Black Belt
- Ability to build relationships at all levels across a large organization to influence the decision-making process with facts and insights
- Demonstrated ability to support and lead multiple projects
- Enjoyment of applying quantitative techniques to challenging, real-world problems
- Strong analytical, comprehension, decision making and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills in global environment
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility, work independently and master new tasks quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving outstanding results
- Must be able to work independently or in a Team environment
- 8+ years experience in a regulated distribution environment, preferably in the medical device or a technology focused industry
- Experience and training in Lean Six Sigma a strong plus
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- PMP Certification is Preferred
- Strong PC knowledge, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience in Oracle, Business Objects reporting and SAP a strong plus
- Willingness to travel 10% domestic and internationally with ability to travel on short notice
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.