1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The leadership role is instrumental in the development and implementation of a broad range of responsibilities associated with QA standards for control brand products, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to deliver on those standards, helping develop and drive our control brand strategies through the provision of effective and clear team direction. The position is accountable for talent management, team and direct report’s objectives, strategic planning, and risk management. Supporting LBL product development teams and working in cohesion with the QA Vendor Management team and other functional groups to ensure business objectives and accountabilities are met and control brand products are developed to consistently meet food safety and quality standards, while enabling Brands growth and evolution, as well as speed to market. The successful candidate will be one that encompasses 2 main characteristics: strong leader, capable of developing and implementing systematic processes to drive consistency; and a technical expert, capable of evolving our current specifications to accurately translate customer needs into product and manufacturing parameters and controls.
- Drive innovative initiatives in product Quality Assurance that positively impacts and improves business performance (consistency, efficiency, speed, innovation and delivery of on-time product plans).
- Promotes our vision of being a world leader in innovative product development as well as delivering consistent product quality and safety
- Contributes to the QFR (Quality Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs) Senior Leadership Team by: assisting and collaborating with peers; supporting the development of short and long term strategic plans and advancing the company’s Quality & Food Safety Culture journey
- Ensure data driven, systematic and risk based approaches are applied throughout processes and programs
- Develop and maintain standardize processes and tasks to ensure consistency across the team and its deliverables
- Maintains current industry knowledge to develop and refine corporate QA policies and procedures as necessary
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of product safety and manufacturing equipment/ processes, as well as, regulatory and quality risks/ controls
- Strong understanding of developing products, through risk assessment, product evaluation, specification review, development and testing results evaluation, manufacturing parameters and commercialization requirements
- Provides recommendations and shares technical knowledge of products within the team and category
- Supports sourcing and new products development process ensuring new products meet regulatory, safety,quality and brand guardrail requirements
- Leads the development of QA plans and requirements for each specific food product categories
- Central lead for consumer complaints for products during warranty (post launch) period
- Supports the Loblaw Brands business by ensuring successful launch of all innovation initiatives including identifying improvement opportunities
- Generates reports and engages within the business and with other stakeholders to resolve issues within appropriate timelines
- Supports the planning and implementation of Control Brands quality and product safety initiatives
- Makes decisions in accordance to food safety and quality risk and business impact
- In conjunction with the QA Vendor Management team supports the development of individual and shared safety and quality objectives
- Collaborates closely with the QA Vendor Management team to support vendors’ assessment and monitoring partnering closely with the Sr Director QA – Vendor Management & Technical support, to ensure teams’ cohesion and technical capabilities enhancement
- Provides strong leadership, coaching and mentoring to achieve objectives and shared values and ensures team accountablities
- Oversees workloads and provides staff supervision to ensure that work is completed accurately, efficiently and complies with relevant policies, procedures and standards as well as best working practices
- Builds and promotes effective collaborative relationships with other members of the business and vendor community
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Science or Technology
- Minimum 7+ years’ related work experience (preferably in the food industry)
- Working knowledge of product development cycle
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations, processes, equipment, parameters & controls
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP and its application in the food industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills & relationship / team building skills
- Capable to manage multiple priorities and to focus on business bottom line
- Proficient in developing and improving systematic and efficient processes
- Strong ability to establish a strategic plan and lead team members to deliver against the goals
- Lead collaborative working groups with internal and external business partners
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions
- Working knowledge in continuous improvement concepts
- Highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy, able to quickly prioritize needs
- Strong judgement and decision making skills with a strategic decision-making approach to business interests
- Passionate about control brand products
- Shows leadership in all situations and role models best practices every day
- Strong and enthusiastic coaching, teaching and mentoring skills
- Forward thinking, always looking for new ways to meet business objectives and improve processes
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.