Mackenzie Financial Corporation
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $62.5 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $169.4 billion. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our VisionEverything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our ValuesOur growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.The Role
The Product department at Mackenzie Investments is currently accepting applications for a permanent position of Director, Product Development.
As part of the Product team reporting to the VP, Product Development, the Director of Product Development recommends and executes the launch of all new investment products for Mackenzie’s retail and institutional product shelf.
- Develop all new investment products for inclusion on Mackenzie’s retail and institutional platforms.
- Manage the product development pipeline, including mutual funds and pools, for the retail and institutional markets in alignment with the organization’s strategy.
- Lead the product development process, which includes idea generation, opportunity assessment, product evaluation, business case development and the execution of product launches in collaboration with the cross-functional teams supporting these initiatives.
- Drive innovation through regular identification of product-related trends driving the creation of new and innovative products for the market.
- Develop working relationships with the portfolio managers and sub-advisors for the provision of information related to the construction and performance of new funds.
- Provide the Sales Team and other internal partners with knowledge and training for all new product launches.
- Surface best practices, opportunities for improvement and actively participate in discussions and initiatives to improve Mackenzie’s competitive position.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate Mackenzie’s product shelf to ensure they anticipate and exceed investor, advisor and dealer needs in the context of demographic, distribution, competitive and regulatory trends and provide recommendations for improvements and/or innovation
- Develop and present business cases and work with business partners on requirements gathering, analysis and implementation for new product solutions.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing and Operations colleagues in driving the creation of all new product promotional materials and web content.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance or Business
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with specific product development experience within the Financial Services industry
- CFA is a requirement
- A strong working knowledge of capital markets, asset categories and investment products.
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of investment industry products and services as well as distribution channels
- Ability to build relationships with teams across the organization
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including highly skilled communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Innovative and detail-oriented
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg, and Morningstar Direct
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by January 22, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The Career Level Framework for this position is P9.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.