Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators-at all Ubisoft Canadian studios-to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Who you are
The Director of Technology will be a main stakeholder in the implementation of the Winnipeg Studio's strategic vision to create the best tools in the video game industry. You will recruit, train, mentor and motivate a team of developers to enable Ubisoft teams to create larger, more immersive open worlds for our AAA games. As the technical representative of the Winnipeg Studio, the Director of Technology will work collaboratively with teams in Ubisoft's studios to fully develop the potential of our game engines and improve the efficiency of the production teams.
What you’ll do
- Build, inspire, and mentor a cohesive programming team;
- Determine the technical strategy for the Winnipeg Studio by working with the Technical Architect and in collaboration with other Ubisoft teams;
- Contribute to development as required, actively writing code and designing systems, while balancing management requirements;
- Establish best practices and programming standards and lead regular code reviews;
- Work with the production teams to create task and schedule estimates for the programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Continually review the pipeline development process and identify areas that need improvement;
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Lead Programmer, preferably in the game industry;
- Demonstrate a passion for video game pipeline and tools development;
- Understand the value of a customer-service and client-focused development approach;
- Experience in multiple aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools);
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Candidate must be self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate and work well with other disciplines;
- Experience using multiple commercial game engines is a plus.
- Problem solving skills;
- Driven by complex challenges;
- Strong communicator;
- Team player;
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes;
What to send our way
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.