We’re building a movement – an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
ApplyBoard’s north star metric is providing the best possible experience to international students.
The journey of an international student is arduous; students are in their late teens to their early 20s and must move to a country with a completely different culture to their own. In addition to moving away from home for the first time, they need to get to and from the airport, find accommodation, get set up with a mobile phone and internet, maybe even buy a car and find insurance for it. This is a huge undertaking for any new adult, but it’s vastly more challenging in a new place that speaks a new language.
The Business Development team at ApplyBoard will be responsible for building a partnership ecosystem which will help us improve the end-to-end journey for international students.
This team will have a significant impact on ApplyBoard. Not only will the team have a huge opportunity to impact the student experiences, it will also provide ApplyBoard with an important competitive advantage in the market.
What you’ll be doing everyday:
- Build out a world class Business Development function
- Develop ApplyBoard’s partnership ecosystem strategy
- Evaluate which partners ApplyBoard should work with in each opportunity vertical
- Your goal is to figure out how various partnerships can complement one another and create the best student experience possible
- Develop new partnerships that drive revenue & student experience
- Own go-to-market for any services / products which are created through these partnerships
- Work with the rest of sales, marketing & product to determine how to prioritize go-to-market efforts
- Develop pricing and other proposals; handle complex partnership negotiations
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, economics, management or a related discipline, master’s degree or MBA is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of related experience as a Director – Business development or related role, preferably in quickly growing startups or impressive mid-sized companies
- Strong analytical skills and masterful problem-solver who can operate efficiently in an incredibly fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience An independent self-starter who thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Strategic thinker with experience managing and executing various projects
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
- Ability to write technical proposals
Ideally, you also have the following experience:
- You have built out a Business Development function from scratch
- You have been an international student
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life At ApplyBoard:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard? Check out this video, and be sure to follow us on our