BBTV is a media and technology company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The company’s mission is to democratize content by leveraging its proprietary technologies to drive viewership and monetization for content creators of all sizes. From individual content creators to global media companies, BBTV monetizes the media of content owners through end-to-end management, distribution and monetization solutions, powered by its innovative VISO Platform, including related proprietary technology, while allowing content owners to focus on their core competency – content creation. In August 2020, BBTV had the second most unique monthly viewers among digital platforms with more than 600 million globally, who consumed more than 50 billion minutes of video content, the most among media companies
Working closely with the Vice President Content & Partnerships, the Director of Business Development will identify, assess and execute strategic initiatives including strategic partnerships, content licensing & distribution, platform expansion, and expanded monetization offerings.
- Drive new strategic partnerships and other strategic initiatives across various content verticals including Gaming, Entertainment, and Music
- Structure strategic partnerships, across both domestic and international markets, that would lead to the launching of new verticals
- Lead and collaborate with both domestic and international markets to secure value-add partnerships that can drive incremental value and revenue for BBTV partners
- Leverage BBTV’s content and scale to maximize results through licensing and distribution partnerships, including the syndication and licensing of content on third party digital and traditional platforms
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party platforms including YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Amazon, and more
- Collaborate with Content Acquisition and Ad Sales team to activate Direct Sales, Branded Entertainment agency partnerships, and other ancillary monetize opportunities
- Collaborate with the Content Production and Development team, and help secure content licensing deals in producing originals for digital platforms
- Collaborate with the extended business development team on partnership opportunities across the Chinese market
- Close relevant business development deals, as outlined above, by meeting or exceeding revenue targets set forth by the Company
- Support the recruitment, development and management of business development team members
- Submit weekly and monthly updates on business development progress achieved vs. budget
- Define and monitor key performance indicators/metrics to measure the success of initiatives
- Anticipate, identify and resolve business risks/issues
- Develop effective frameworks, presentations, and communications (written and oral)
- Facilitate timely and effective decision making
- Collaborate with BBTV’s Leadership team and business units, including Ad Sales, Content Acquisition, Content Management, Mobile Apps and eCommerce teams, to build and maximize company’s performance
- A minimum of ten years of relevant and progressive experience, with at least five of those years focused on building strategic partnerships in the video space
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated track record of securing innovative and impactful business development partnerships in digital & social media, technology and/or entertainment
- Strong technical understanding of all prominent video platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok
- Proven expertise in complex negotiations and ongoing partner/account management
- Demonstrated competence in preparing presentations, business plans, budgets
- Ability to present compelling and complex insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to remain adaptable and move quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Media, technology, and digital entertainment industry knowledge is a must
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible hours and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
From our commitment to giving back (support for everyone to volunteer with a charitable or community initiative), our culture committee (social events, team-building, diversity and inclusion), and our support for personal and career development through our learning & development program, we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
BBTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to foster a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the individuals we serve and to provide employees with a meaningful and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination and harassment.
BBTV believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Indigenous people, people of color, people of all genders or non-genders, and people with disabilities of all types are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for This Job