Join our team
TELUS is proud to support local communities, filmmakers and content creators through the stories we tell and content we create. The TELUS Local Content team provides production grants, training, live streaming and distribution opportunities to diverse filmmakers and content creators in BC and Alberta and brings relevant Community Content to our customers. The Community Program team also helps to elevate, showcase and compliment all the amazing content funded by the STORYHIVE and TELUS Originals teams.
We are a team of highly skilled, diverse and passionate professionals dedicated to unleashing the power of social purpose storytelling and a customer-centric Community Content experience. Expertise of our team is built by folks who bring a variety of identities and lived experiences, as well as professional experience in film/tv production, marketing, community building, equity and more. We celebrate our failures and see them as opportunities to learn.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be the portfolio leader in partnership with a passionate group that loves local visual storytelling and the impact it can have on our communities. You will lead and oversee all strategic planning and execution of the marketing, communications and distribution for Local Content programs and key projects within each portfolio.
Help us engage with partners across Western Canada, and create and execute customized distribution plans which will leverage our powerful social purpose films to reach audiences locally, nationally and globally. Work collaboratively with team members and partners across the organization as well as external partners, agencies and consultants to deliver thoughtful distribution, marketing and community outreach campaigns to grow our audience by leading a group of hardworking subject matter experts. Help connect consumers to relevant Community Content by leveraging the latest developments in livestreaming, video distribution and personalization. As a member of the Entertainment & Education Services leadership team, you’ll focus on bringing the teams together, unifying team members and external partners with your vision, inspiration and organization and offer thought leadership in strategic planning, assessments and overcoming obstacles.
Identify opportunities by applying customer insights and community impact measurements, which will help you plan, assess, design, and launch new communications and marketing campaigns and tactics. You will help shape the strategy, community impacts and customer experience for years to come.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to a team of subject matter experts, to execute campaigns, distribution,communications plan and distribution of content
- Content currently which includes TELUS Optik TV on Demand, Local Content YouTube/FB channels, Air Canada and various external partnerships
- Continuing to develop and grow TELUS Originals and the STORYHIVE brand, building trust and awareness in key markets and communities
- Identify compelling sources of local content in our communities and enable their distribution to our customers and across the community at large
- Leveraging social purpose stories in collaboration with MarComm, in alignment with TELUS Masterbrand
- Motivate and develop your team and focus on overall strategy, team development and collaboration
- Successfully develop and track key performance metrics, resolve challenges, and deliver differentiated customer solutions in alignment with Local Programming priorities
- Ensure our marketing efforts are hospitable, accessible and reflect our inclusive values
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Known for your ability to bringing teams together, you have a passion for putting customers first, identifying opportunities and bringing forward ideas
- Proven leadership excellence, noted for your ability to share a vision, get buy in from partners and bring them forward on a journey
- With a strong focus on identifying priorities, you have the ability to understand what matters most focus the team’s efforts to achieving results and prioritize work in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- An exceptional story teller, with proven experience in simplifying complex concepts visually, using data to support your ideas and decisions and get others on board, you share recommendations with stakeholders across various teams and help them to understand the focus and direction
- With an analytical mind, you have the ability to interpret data, and drive actionable insights from data trends
- Recognized for your focus on people and ability to inspire others, you are exceptional and sharing ideas with your team, helping them to focus on the big picture, set goals and help them to grow and learn
- Post-Secondary degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressively complex management experience working with senior executives
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.