What is the opportunity?
The Director, Liquidity Technology creates a curious, aggressive, and rapidly evolving culture and crafts a world-leading technology team that utilizes cutting edge technologies to deliver exceptional business outcomes. You will Manage Liquidity IT development globally, including the Corporate Treasury Data Layer, Liquidity analytics platform, and development strategy. You will set technical strategy for large, complex systems across Corporate Treasury, and enables RBC to globally perform liquidity monitoring, measurement and reporting both at the enterprise level, as well as for local entities to numerous regulators.
What will you do?
- Manage the day to day activities of the developers in the team across Toronto and India
- Provide expert technical support for the all the relevant applications in conjunction with production support teams
- Work with PMs, BAs and business users to plan development activities on an ongoing basis.
- Work with technical architects and other development managers to set the strategic direction for the Corporate Treasury
- Ensure that all relevant technical and operation risks associated with the system are addressed in a timely fashion
What do you need to succeed?
- 15+ years of experience working with significant experience in technology projects
- Strong technical knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka
- Strong leadership of software development team using Java and SQL, and web applications using front end frameworks such as AngularJS
- Full SDLC experience – design, build, test and release. Demonstrable experience in adopting Agile and DevOps practices
- Strong people manager skills, with a proven ability in managing large development teams
- Prior experience in Capital Markets, Risk and/or Finance areas within a financial Service organization working on big data technologies
- Prior experience working with global/distributed teams
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 155 Wellington St. West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Senior Manager/Director
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 02/21/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 319022