Join our team
We live in and work in a rapidly evolving digital world where cyber security is key. Protecting information and ensuring the reliability of network and services is paramount. At TELUS Security, we strive to always be steps ahead, tackling the toughest security challenges head-on with top talent and cutting edge technology. The Security Managed Services Platforms team is committed to providing excellence in securing both our internal and customers’ data and systems, ensuring world-class security network and systems reliability, and improving our overall cyber security posture. We invest in new, cutting-edge technologies and leverage business intelligence and data analytics to develop innovative security solutions and capabilities. We partner with industry leaders to meet the cyber security needs of both TELUS and our customers to meet the demands of an increasingly complex and ever-changing security landscape. We are passionate about learning and growing as individuals and as a team, all of which enables us to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Director of Security Managed Services Platforms, you will inspire and lead a national team composed of security and technology professionals across cyber security architecture, managed security delivery, cyber security platforms dev/ops and data and analytics teams.
Reporting to the Vice President of TELUS Security & Chief Security Officer, you will utilize your strategic mindset and thought leadership to evolve and lead the Managed Services Platforms strategy to deliver industry-leading security solutions leveraging emerging technologies and cognitive analytics, while driving a culture of reliability focus. You will be accountable for overall cyber security platform architecture, solutioning, design, delivery and DevOps (including development, testing and quality assurance) to lead and drive security roadmaps across a broad set of security technologies and internal platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, SASE, SD WAN, cloud and network security, email security, managed detection and response, end-point detection and response, security orchestration and automation, GRC/security awareness platforms and security data analytics / security incident and event management platforms.
With your passion and drive for customer satisfaction and ongoing service quality and reliability, you will work closely with managed security services customers to understand and assess their business requirements, security risks and threats to ensure delivery of customized solutions and services to protect and safeguard their business environments.
You are an accomplished senior leader with the drive for achieving excellence in delivering customer solutions, and ability to lead the team in designing reliable platforms with robust security practices to proactively drive the continuous improvement of our managed security services., you will have the opportunity to use your strategic mindset, passion for innovation, and track record of cultivating the creativity and entrepreneurial spirit of a team to drive.
This exciting opportunity will position you to make a strategic difference to both TELUS and our MSS customers.
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for roadmaps across cyber security domains such as SASE, SD WAN, cloud and network security, email security, managed detection and response, end-point detection and response, security orchestration and automation, GRC/security awareness platforms and security data analytics/security incident and event management platforms
- Lead and foster a highly engaged, high performance team by motivating team members, providing leadership support and guidance on performance, development and career growth
- Collaborate across the organization to support TELUS’ multi-year transformation to 5G and beyond, driven by a cloud native strategy supported by the power of data and analytics
- Leverage and grow TELUS’ advanced security data analytics capabilities to both protect TELUS and its managed services customers
- Drive customer excellence by understanding customer needs and ensuring optimal delivery of managed services
- Acts as a trusted advisor partnering closely with customers to understand their business requirements, assess security risks and threats, provide analysis of security trends and deliver reliable network and platform security solutions
- Uphold our reliability and security posture by proactively collaborating with teams to identify and prioritize risks, and create plans to address opportunities
- Partner with stakeholders across the business and collaborate to identify, consult, and prioritize initiatives and security capabilities that will serve to protect the business of TELUS and our customers
- Prioritize investment and gain cross functional support for multi-year roadmaps and investment strategies to execute on what matters most to TELUS
- Manage a broad set of strategic vendor relationships to drive value for TELUS
- Create and deliver presentations to executive leadership team on key strategic opportunities and updates on key initiatives
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
Highly regarded as a leader who:
- Inspires, motivates and supports the development of team members, elevating team engagement, performance and culture to top decile result
- Has relentless focus and demonstrated expertise in improving the customer experience by providing innovative solutions
- Values diverse perspectives, asks the right questions, and removes barriers
- Demonstrates ability and passion for cyber security, customer delivery, cloud computing, automation and technology
- Has the ability to prioritize, and work effectively and make quick decisions in an environment with shifting demands, rapid change, and competing priorities across MSS requirements
Respected as a strategic thinker with strong technical, business and financial acumen who:
- Drives innovation and champions change and process improvements
- Generates innovative technology and business solutions through in-depth analysis and interpretation of data and security technology trends
- Is focused on the big picture and strategy while effectively managing diverse, dynamic, competing priorities in leading ongoing program accountabilities
- Aligns investment to top strategic priorities and manages expenditures to meet financial plans
- Understands and analyzes complex security and technology challenges, and formulates data-driven hypotheses and solutions to drive business value and outcomes
Known as a collaborative partner with exceptional influencing, communication and presentation skills who:
- Has demonstrated experience in a customer facing role, delivering exceptional outcomes for customers that meet the priorities and needs of their business
- Garners participation and support cross-functionally at all levels, and fosters strong relationships across the organization
- Can tell a compelling story in a clear and simple way to a diverse audience, including executive leaders
- Sought out for your knowledge of security and DevOps best practices, and the tools used to implement them
- Valued for your 5 + years of distinguished experience leading cross-functional teams to enable new technologies, products and solutions into the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Background and knowledge in programming, software engineering, data analytics and development process & best practices
- Deeply understands agile principles and has a proven track record of project delivery following agile development methods & applying best practices
- Acknowledged for your proficiency in assurance processes, your logical troubleshooting and your passion for inspiring innovation and continuous improvement in these areas
- Broad knowledge of security standards, controls and technologies across multiple domains
- Understanding of NFV and Cloud native principles
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration
- Lean Six Sigma certification or experience
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.