Company 1 - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Director, Business Process Architect
The Director, Business Process Architecture will focus on defining, redesigning, and optimizing operational processes by working with key stakeholders across the global retirement organization to drive E2E (end to end) process transformation within the RIDE (Retirement Innovation and Delivery Excellence ) program, with the goal to ensure performance, maintainability, and scalability, to achieve business outcomes.
- Be an advocate, leader and process design expert in the global process design in support of the Retirement Transformation journey;
- Drive measurable end-to-end process (re-)design that improves Straight-Through-Processing (STP), SLA adherence, increase Capacity, and improves Customer Experience;
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives utilizing methodologies and principles from Lean and/or Six Sigma (LSS). The objective of each project will be to transform processes to improve overall customer experience in addition to increasing operational efficiency and/or effectiveness. In some instances, there will be pressure to deliver measurable results in a very short period;
- Be a change leader, representing theRetirement Ops, Continuous Improvement teamto key project stakeholders within the Global Retirement organization. Actively engageprocess owners ensuring open lines of communication and all barriers to change are removed;
- Manage a portfolio of projectsand ensure a healthy pipeline that is in-line with the RIDE Retirement Transformation program, through proper due diligence and fact finding as part of arobust CI intake process;
- Be a leader in the ‘culture of continuous improvement’ initiative, by driving awareness across the organization on foundational principles of ‘problem solving’ and Continuous Improvement;
- Work closely with technology (digitization & automation, IT) functions to ensure E2E business requirements are represented and translated into technology capabilities;
- Work closely with Customer experience teams, Analytics teams and Risk Managementto gather data needed for fact-based improvement recommendations as well as defining end state process metrics that will objectively demonstrate that benefits have been obtained.
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong mindset of Continuous improvement and ‘out of the box’ thinking and with the ability to challenge the status quo with business leaders;
- The ability to lead, coach and develop experienced LSS professionals;
- A passion for learning with an openness for new ideas and a natural curiosity on how things work;
- The ability to navigate a complex matrix organization;
- The ability to develop a compelling business case based on facts and data;
- Practical application of LSS (“walking the talk” vs. theoretical knowledge) with the ability to coach others not familiar with LSS;
- The ability to leverage data in an environment where accurate and reliable data is sometimes difficult to obtain, and where sampling strategies may be required;
- A strong work ethic with the ability to get things done within tight timelines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent ‘story telling’ presentation skills;
- The ability to influence and persuade without formal authority;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong analytical skills with a high aptitude for quantitative analysis (Strong numerical comprehension and proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data.);
- Advanced working knowledge of the tools, methodologies and philosophies of the Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- 10+ years of experience with business process improvement in complex environments, ideally within Financial Services;
- Leading and developing LSS awareness at all levels throughout the organization (from SME to Executive sponsor), at all levels of proficiency (Entry belt, Green Belt, Black Belt);
- Experience with Process Mining as a capability
- Successful completion of 10+ process improvement projects with significant and tangible business impact;
- Advanced quantitative analysis capabilities, utilizing statistical techniques.Experience utilizing Minitab would be an asset;
- Leveraging Process Mining as a capability to accelerate process analytics;
- Conducting a wide array of complex quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Experience being part of a team chartered to ‘think big’ and ‘out of the box’;
- University degree in business or technical discipline. Graduate degree and/or professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, P. Eng.) an asset;
- Lean Six Sigma (Master) Black Belt certification.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]