5G Director Research & Development
Remote, Ottawa until location re-opens
The Mobile Phoenix R&D Leader will be responsible for the Radio and Digital Hardware teams as well as the radio software stack. This team is tasked with bringing an industrialized Open RAN compliant solution capable of addressing both enterprise and service provider requirements. You will join a talented and growing radio team applying your experience and expertise to build a price disruptive 5G radio access network product.
We need a leader to create a world class organization with a focus on a cloud-aligned 5G technology stack. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping us create a high performing development team, implementing and driving world class development processes, creating excellent user experiences together with the Head of Product Management, taking on new challenges, innovating new features and embracing a world where every day has new unique challenges.
As the senior leader for the Development group you will be responsible for ensuring quality, velocity, innovation, mentorship of junior and senior developers and leaders while balancing the demands of delivering new capabilities with the needs of product maintenance and customer requests. You will work with the head of product management to provide clarity on priorities and be nimble to adjust them as needed, to balance resource investments and cost efficiency while maintaining internal alignment with all stakeholders.
You will use your extended technical knowledge towards driving constant improvements and influence theorg to update to the latest and greatest technology as well as implement an agile and lean mentality.
You have the experience to build teams across multiple platforms and geographic locations, as well as guide best practices of the radio and software ecosystem.
- Scale and lead global high performing, agile Hardware/Software Engineering Team
- Collaborate and work closely with all Stakeholders to obtain prompt resolution to key business issues likely to impact product release schedules, product requirements, product quality, and business operations.
- Make organizational and process changes to eliminate any friction impairing us from the continuous delivery of value for our customers, and maximize engineering productivity
- Source, create, and combine IP & technology components from across Dell Technologies & the industry to create differentiated 5G offerings
- Be hands-on with the hardware and software technology stack, analyzing quality failures, performance and cost improvement opportunities. Sometimes you will do your own deep-dive analysis. More often, you will be reviewing the analysis done by less experienced executives, looking for patterns and providing coaching to improve the quality of the team’s work.
- You’re an inspirational manager and thought leader.
- You are responsible for and understand what it takes to develop and grow a team that will create, innovate and maintain technical architecture in order to create a world-class experience for 5G customers and users.
- You have delivered high-quality radio products at massive scale and on time with a deep understanding of engineering and continuous integration best practices relating to development, automation, and release.
- You have an expert level understanding of software development and architecture, with deep hands-on experience focusing on quality, increasing efficiency,delivering value, and reducing waste.
- It would be nice if you would be open to periodic travel to other Engineering offices outside of your local area.
- You have in-depth experience working together in a partnership with Product and UI Design on delivering the best possible solutions and driving the roadmap to meet the needs of both product, engineering and architecture teams.
- Experience leading a transformative and new engineering development culture.
- Experience developing and improving CI/CD pipeline tool chain working with Dev OPS and Middleware teams.
- Experience working with architecture teams to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Experience implementing and driving end to end performance improvements.
- Experience working with UX design teams.
- Experience with antenna, radio hardware and baseband architecture and technology.
- Experience and deep understanding of MIMO and AAS design and radio scheduling patterns.
- Understanding of macro-cellular, in-building and enterprise wireless deployments
- Experience working with a broad ecosystem of development partners
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.