RBC is a digitally-enabled relationship bank. We strive to engage our customers when, how and where it’s most convenient and to provide a highly-personalized experience. We also collaborate broadly with innovative business and technology partners to create a platform and ecosystem that can bring even more value to our customers. We care deeply about the success of our customers and communities.
We’re looking for an experienced solution architect who is passionate about our mission to join the RBC Digital team. We want vocal futurists that can advocate their vision, who will be excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team with customer focus and will tirelessly strive for the best end-user experience and will have the drive and desire to keep learning the latest architecture developments and standards / techniques.
RBC believes in building diverse teams. We actively try to bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage collaboration with internal partners and team members to achieve a collective result. We want our team members to think big and simplify things that are complicated. We have a great mix of senior and junior architects which gives everyone a chance through teamwork and mentorship to build their knowledge and experience.
What you’ll do
- Play a vital role in linking design and architecture to enterprise standards and industry best practices.
- Create end-to-end technical solution architectures using modern UI, micro-services and cloud technologies, and informed by hands-on prototyping.
- Develop roadmaps to provide guidance for both product managers and engineering teams on the usage of new technologies and how to achieve our longer-term platform goals.
What do you need to succeed?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of software architecture experience
- Experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including event-based architecture, cloud-based deployments, REST/API first applications, mobile and web technologies.
- Experience with .dot core, C#, front-end technologies like React/Angular, containerization/Docker/Microservices, and event-driven architecture.
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Public Cloud Platforms: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Hands on experience as a web developer, including experience with DevOps practices.
- Experience with many aspects of architecture, including mobile and web application design, data modelling and database design, security and infrastructure.
- Creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome focused
- Proven technical mentor and are keen to coach others and share ideas with your team
- Working knowledge of financial, investment and concepts and applications.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in large, cross-functional teams
- Experience working as a senior solution architect, preferably in a bank or other financial institution
- Business or product leadership experience
- Familiarity with design thinking and customer centric design
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 335741