As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today’s challenges or tomorrow’s aspirations, you will work with the industry’s brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world’s leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business-and your career.
We are looking for a Product Manager that will serve our Digital Commerce Platform, building out products and features that support our customers’ ability to buy, try and renew Thomson Reuters products and services to grow their businesses. They will develop a comprehensive and bold product vision, strategy, roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for their product and then execute on the delivery of that strategy and roadmap.
About the Digital Team
Come and join the Digital Team as we work to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly Digital company. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are transforming and re-imagining our business, by focusing on the individual user. We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven Product, UX, UI and Research professionals who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business with Thomson Reuters.
About the Role
- We are looking for a Product Manager who can help us shape the future in our digital transformation. We want a leader with passion to innovate, an entrepreneur who likes working backwards from the customer, and tackling complex ambiguous problems.
- Through your work in the Enterprise Digital Office, you’ll ensure customers find the products and services to meet their needs, and seamlessly try, buy or renew to help our customers realize their goals.
- As a Product Manager, you will develop a comprehensive and bold product vision, strategy, roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your product. You will leverage the knowledge of your product, as well as customer feedback and analytics to prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product.
- You will be the “voice of the product” to key stakeholders to ensure their needs are met and the product development team is getting the direction and support it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for customers and stakeholders. You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance.
- At the end of the day, we’re looking for individuals who will enable Thomson Reuters to think big, make it simple, and move fast.
- Go from blank paper to innovative solutions that solve big customer problems
- Develop a bold product vision, strategy and roadmap; create reasons to believe, and inspire teams to realize the vision
- Develop market and trend analysis that inspires world-class solutions and experiences
- Leverage customer insights from user experience research and analytics to iteratively drive continuous solution improvement
- Accountable for the development and health of the product. Drive the strategy and roadmap for your product using customer analytics to drive prioritization
- Maintain and refine a backlog: create user stories, acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product
- Work in an Agile scrum team, ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrate a high say/do ratio and hold others to the same
You’re a fit for the role if you have the following:
- 3+ years of experience working as a product manager of a B2B or B2C digital platform shipping multiple products and features
- You’ve honed your product development playbook that includes leading with customer driven innovation backed by qualitative and quantitative data
- 3+ years in Agile (Scrum preferred) environment, with a proven understanding of the development life cycle, including but not limited to requirements definition, user experience, development practices, testing, and deployment
- Proven ability to take initiative within a matrix organization to build strong, productive relationships based on excellent communication and A+ interpersonal skills
- History of partnering and collaborating with architects and engineers in writing clear user stories
- Demonstrated ability to achieve bold strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment and able to flex between multiple workstreams
- Demonstrated ability to develop an inspiring product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Able to apply knowledge of how a product is designed, built, deployed, and maintained in an enterprise environment; you transparently manage risk by collaborating with team, keeping stakeholders informed, and unpack your principles and approach
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams (bonus points for having software engineering or data analytics in your background)
- Track record of delivering high-impact iterative products that solve big customer problems, delivered on time and on budget
- Ability to articulate clear and concise specifications for new products and new features with a strong affinity towards the developer community. Understands at a high level the landscape of tools and technologies that developers use to bring products to market
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate and evangelize a strategy at every level of the organization
- Ability to prioritize new feature launches based on competitive analysis, industry trends, emerging technologies, and company vision.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles with large teams to achieve a common goal
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional team(s) without formal authority. Familiarity with financial concepts and financial/budget management
What’s in it For You:
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth – ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
Flexibility: We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .