DevOps / Linux Infrastructure Analyst
Do you love technology and know how to use it? Do you thrive on the daily challenges of working in a constantly evolving field? For members of Best Buy’s Information Technology Team, the answer is “Yes.” More than techies, our IT team members bring planning, strategy and even communication skills to bear in helping the company grow. The infrastructure platform team is responsible for supporting and developing Best Buy’s IT server infrastructure, including both operational and project responsibilities.
Working with Tech Lead, you will implement best practice solutions and use your considerable knowledge of Linux to improve processes, designs, infrastructure as a code, DevOps practices and services. You will have the opportunity to work with the team on complex technical problems and implement solutions as you manage and support our enterprise scale Linux server infrastructure in an automation mode. With an emphasis on oversight and improvement of a diverse array of services, you will be part of a team that makes significant use of automation and configuration tools as we undertake a wide variety of projects that deliver real quantifiable value to Best Buy Canada.
As aDevOps / Linux Infrastructure Analystyou will…
Take part in project meetings and provide technical expertise on matters relating to the *nix infrastructure requirements and best practices, producing technical documents and implementing project requirements
- Provide operational support with an emphasis on task automation, infrastructure as a code including deployment maintenance, orchestrating and monitoring systems as well as researching, testing and implementing new systems and technologies for automation.
- Act as a DevOps resource providing improvements and automating tasks and processes of the department’s infrastructure.
- Contribute clear and concise environment and change documentation as well as standard operating practice documents (SOP’s) to the infrastructure platform body of knowledge
- Understand ITIL framework merging it to the DevOps concepts/practices, driving the team players of the department to the next level of automation.
- Take part in sprint planning meetings, leveraging your significant technical expertise in resolving technical impediments.
We hope you are passionate about…
- Innovation/Automation – as a tech company we are constantly changing and evolving; an openness and willingness to embrace change is critical playing IaaC in a complex hybrid environment.
- Logic and critical thinking – we’re largely a data driven company so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital
- Having fun while being the best – we work hard but play harder
The experience we need…
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Linux family (Redhat / Centos/ Ubuntu)
- Strong knowledge with Git, GitOps, CI/CD
- Player of DevOps practices driving integrations and new models of automation and pipelines within IaC
- Experience writing automated deployment and configuration management scripts and assets. (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Terraform for provisioning, and Azure Cloud)
- Experience with multi-datacenter architectures in a hybrid environment (On-premises X Cloud)
- Fast learner, constant researcher, and the ability to effectively deal with rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Effective communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with other platform team members as well as development staff
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems (Git, Jira)
- Knowledge with Ansible/Terraform/Puppet/Containers.
- Experience writing automated deployment and configuration management scripts. (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl)
- Red Hat Satellite support
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology