Title: DevOps Engineer
Department: Pharma Technical Supply Chain
Location: Mississauga, ON
As a key role in the newly formed PT Global Analytics Hub, the DevOps Engineer will join and build capabilities in an Advanced Analytics centre of excellence, working with industry leading teams and technologies to build capabilities and create and implement innovative high impact solutions.
Role is for a passionate driven individual to lead, guide, and influence internal customers and team members throughout the DevOps journey. As an AWS DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most complex challenges. You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will guide customers through transforming their business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions.
The DevOps Engineer is an emerging leader with previous experience in a lead DevOps role. The DevOps Engineer will assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities independently. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
You will collaborate with industry leading talent and expertise, and with access to market leading technologies and tools, create and implement innovative high impact solutions.
- Define, own, and drive projects delivering analytics and technology architecture. Provide solution designs to direct project execution teams for implementation.
- Manage and drive large cross functional projects involving SME’s and partners at all levels of the organization
- Provide strategic data and analytics architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more areas of focus.
- Lead projects from a solution architecture, vision, and value point of view. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to define and understand the expected value, as well as the functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Establishing the appropriate and relevant analytics vision, architecture, and program, and drive a common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand their needs and capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with technical architects and IT functions to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Bypass roadblocks created by standard Roche processes to effectively try new ideas and ways of working, through effective stakeholder management to deliver results in short periods of time
- Support the effort to build a collaboration network within Roche for Analytics and Cloud Technology related topics, ensuring regular exchange
- Act as a role model for analytics best proactive and digital transformation, proactively coaching colleagues into the concepts
Roche is looking for enthusiastic solution leaders and visionaries, who enjoy solving tough industry and technical problems, and designing and building tools which elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes, infomed strategy, and enable optimal customer experience.
The team is a great fit for those with an entrepreneurial spirit, outgoing and enthusiastic about new technologies and market opportunities.
- Bachelor Degree or 5+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElastiSearch, and Kibana.
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Strong presentation, verbal communication and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements, preferably from a professional services organization or similar.
- Fluent and current on analytics tools and data architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Demonstrate behaviours of VACC as a leader (Visionary, Architect, Coach, Catalyst)
- Passionate about latest technology trends and data driven mindset, innovative and curious mindset, with a passion for learning and teaching
- Self driven and proactive, comfortable to deliver as a team leader, team member and individual contributor
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others across ALL levels of the organization in order to drive transformational change
- Knowledge of: SCRUM, Agile Methodologies, Change Management, Project Management.
- Significant experience in defining new solution architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Highly proficient in authoring, editing and presenting both business and technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- General understand Roche Operating Principles and business processes.
- Mobility: Ability to travel up to 10%
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter and resume no later than April 5, 2021.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
- Who we are
Roche Pharma Canada has its office in Mississauga, Ontario and employs over 850 employees. The Mississauga facility is bright, vibrant, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and is reflective of Roche’s truly innovative culture.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.