Role Purpose: We are looking for DevOps Engineer to help design and construct the ongoing scalability of our cloud infrastructure. You’ll be deeply immersed in all our Infrastructure efforts around bridging automation, security, networking, and performance aspects. You enjoy learning new technologies and sharing your code with others. Lastly, you have been looking for an opportunity where you can use your passion and skills for a greater good against financial crime.
Role Value: Delivering highly-scalable and fault-tolerant cloud infrastructure that is easy to maintain would be your primary focus and motivator in this role.
- Work as a key member of the DevOps team responsible for all aspects of our Cloud Infrastructure.
- Collaborate with development teams to help design and deploy applications in a highly robust multi-tenant environment in an automated fashion with high emphasis on security and performance.
- Develop tools and frameworks to help automate infrastructure and application deployment.
- Work closely with other members of the DevOps team to help monitor and remediate infrastructure performance and security issues.
- Take ownership of various Infrastructure related projects and ensure successful and timely completion.
- Provide On-call support for production services to help meet uptime SLAs
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working as a DevOps / Infrastructure engineer in multi-tenant high-availability fast-paced environments.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS cloud.
- Working experience of Infrastructure automation automation framework like Cloudformation, Terraform and configuration management service like Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Experience working with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Experience implementing and running infrastructure monitoring tools like AWS Cloudwatch, Prometheus and Grafana.
- Working knowledge of traditional RDBMS systems like MySQL and NoSQL DB systems like Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated ability to code in at least one scripting language such as Bash or Python.
- Low pain threshold for manual tasks and passion for delivering highly automated and secure solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Great to have Experience and Qualifications
- Experience running multi-tenant environments hosted on AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service in production.
- Working experience with Service Mesh, Ingress and Role based Access Control in production environments.
Key Characteristics and Attitudes
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions – we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Candidate will help build highly scalable cloud infrastructure while applying the latest in cloud technologies. Candidate will also be responsible for mentoring junior members of the team.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and statuses.