Novantas is looking for a DevOps engineer who will work side by side with DevOps architect, engineering, platform,development, IT and operations teams to improve our build and release infrastructure, automate the various promotion processes that we have internally and manage containerized high availability production environments.
You can expect the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and build our on-prem and AWS infrastructure
- Own on-prem deployments of Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Gitlab
- Own, maintain and improve our CI/CD process
- Work on incorporating deployment and automated tests to our CI/CD process
- Work with DevOps architect and IT architects to identify the correct solution
- Collaborate with the team and identify ways to improve our deployment architecture
This is a full-time position and will play a critical role in our continuous build, release and production.
Desired Skills & Expertise
Candidates should have the following background, skills and characteristics:
- Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving and working independently or immersed within teams with no boundaries
- 3+ years of DevOps experience in a production environment
- 1+ years of AWS experience, in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions
- Familiarity with AWS services – EC2, S3, and EKS
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Compose, Jenkins, JIRA, ELK, Graylog, Prometheus
- Proficient in Terraform and either Chef or Ansible
- Proficient in two or more storage and messaging technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, S3, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Impala)
- Proficiency with Linux administration/engineering
- Deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high performance, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
- Experience working with configuration management systems and deployment automation
- Excellent business communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
All candidates must possess work authorization which does not (and will not in the future) require work sponsorship by an employer.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit www.novantas.com for more information.