The QNX BSP Team is looking for strong and enthusiastic driver developers to design and implement the next generation computing platforms in automotive. This person will be part of a development team responsible for creating software drivers to support next-gen hardware peripherals on some of the most advanced hardware platforms available. You must be someone with ideas and real passion for software delivered to maximize reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. This engineer’s work will affect millions of users and be essential to the success of QNX.
- Have a successful track record of developing drivers for various hardware peripherals including the adaptation of existing drivers for embedded platforms.
- Proven aptitude for BSP development such as board bring up, enhancement of existing software and performance tuning.
- Enthusiastic about developing new driver architectures to support future hardware peripheral advancements.
- Focused on ensuring software is held to our quality standards
- Interested in opportunities to develop software under specialised safety standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 etc.
Expertise we’re looking for
- Bootloader and board bring up skills such as u-boot/DRAM controller initialization / system clock configuration / GPIO & pinmux)
- Serial driver development for UARTs, i2c, SPI, CAN, input devices, touch controllers etc
- Storage device driver development targeting block storage devices, SD/eMMC, AHCI/SATA or flash technology (NAND/NOR)
- High speed complex communication busses like PCIe, USB or SDIO
- Experience writing drivers for wired and wireless networking interfaces
- Development know-how on power management, DVFS, thermal management, etc
- Domain expertise with security hardware and firmware (TPM, TrustZone, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Junior to Senior level of expertise in software development.
- In-depth knowledge of C and Assembly programming languages.
- Hands on development experience using embedded operating systems (QNX, Linux, GreenHills, VXworks preferred)
- Prior experience in driver development is essential
- Experience writing software for major processor architectures (ARM, x86, PPC, etc.)
- Hands on experience in the development of software following either safety standards (ISO26262, IEC61508 etc) or MIL standards would be a stand out skill
Imagine what you could do at QNX! Our customers count on us to convert awesome ideas into great products and services. We have some of the brightest minds working on cutting edge platforms at QNX. Join us and you’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way and there is no telling what you could accomplish.
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: