Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
What is the opportunity? The development lead will lead the team building user experiences using Angular and related tools. Candidate will work with all stakeholders to design a best in class technology solution that solves a given business problem.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain world class user experiences.
- Lead the team and mentor other developers.
- Integrate with micro-services
- Utilize technologies like Angular, HTML, CSS, NgRx etc.
- Fix bugs in new and existing code
- Build reusable and fully tested (unit tests) code
- Optimize applications for maximum usability and function.
- Design highly scalable and extensible products
- Create estimates for given tasks/features.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining modern user experiences using Angular.
- 2+ years of team lead experience.
- Experience in using UX designs and building pleasing applications.
- Experienced in cross browser development
- Experience with Responsive adaptive web design
- Experience with modern dev-ops techniques. We use GitHub, UrbanCode and Jenkins.
- Some experience building APIs and micro services with Node.js/Java SpringBoot.
- Basic understanding of backend services like databases like MongoDb.
- Experience with one of these GraphQL, Redux/NgRx, visualization libraries.
- Experience in automating unit tests is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methods.
- Willingness to work in Agile team environment.
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Strong experience with Node.js or Java Springboot
- Good eye for the UX design and being able to work closely with UX designer.
- Knowledge of modern engagement tools like Google Analytics, Firebase, WalkMe and others.
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A startup like environment with all the job security of the number one financial institution.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a friendly, dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program
- Fun and supportive environment that values personal aspirations as much as the results to be delivered.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 155 Wellington St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/16/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 302696