BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers International.
At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
As aDevelopmentCoordinator you’ll work closely withthe Vancouver Strategy & Consulting team. If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, this is an opportunity for you!
You will be responsible for providing research, development approvals and construction coordination, policy and analytical support to the Strategy & Consulting Team, and assisting with Development Management services focused on specific projects’ municipal approvals, design and profitability.
What you bring
- University degree in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Urban Land Economics (or an equivalent combination of academic and practical experience).
- Minimum of two(2) years’work experience in a similar position or a planning, real estate or construction environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Project, MS Office (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint) and strong skills in Excel.
- Experience in the Commercial real estate sector, Residential real estate sector or a related industry is preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills; strong ability to think throughrangeof possibilities and scenarios and communicate these possibilities to a wide range of parties.
- Knowledge of regulatory and Planning processes and policies, Provincial Planning Act, current development processes and trends.
- Knowledge of various types of construction methodologies project management models and financial management as well as building codes, zoning bylaws and contract law.
- Strong management and organizational skills. Good communicator, motivated, diligent, energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to take direction and implement the development program in accordance with the project objectives.
- Proven success for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members and partners, including community stakeholders and government authorities.
- Conflict resolution skills consistent with Collier’s core values.
- Excellent understanding of the financial aspects of a project
- Good business judgment and strong analytical skills, detailed oriented.
- Must be detail-oriented; possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
Bonus skills and experience
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate
What success looks like
- You will develop and execute project plans, schedules and budgets for all assigned real estate projects, developing strong client relationships and supporting the Development Manager throughout the entire project to achieve client’s development goals.
- You will assist with the management of projects to meet critical dates and quality requirements.
- You will ensure that relevant development information is provided to project team members in a timely manner.
- You will assist Senior Staff in evaluation and due-diligence activities on potential acquisitions.
- You will undertake highest and best use analysis including financial feasibility for select client projects.
- You will develop and maintain effective relationships with partners, consultants, community stakeholders, and government authorities.
- You will keep up to date on local competition, market conditions and relevant development by-laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- You will review Consultant and Contractor claims on a monthly basis and ensure for accuracy
- You will prepare project monthly reports as required. Assist in the preparation of client correspondence, site inspection reports and Power Point presentations.
- You will prepare project objectives, budgets and project schedules for approval by senior management; provide necessary updates as required.
- You will retain design consultants (coordinated with Senior Staff) in accordance with an approved pro forma and approved pre-development budget.
- You will assist with guiding architects and other design consultants through project design bearing in mind construction costs, desirability, market trends, and the target market for each specific project.
- You will manage development schedules including critical project milestone dates.
- You will provide members of the public with information regarding development projects and coordination of community consultative events.
- You will maintain the overall development pro forma throughout the development process monitoring overall project cost and variances from budgets.
- You will manage pre-development budgets and approve consultant invoices.
- You will assist in the preparation of financing packages including review of Contractor claims
- You will balance profit maximization while maintaining design quality.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers International. We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at [email protected]