Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services – the pots, pans, soups and sauces – they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
We are looking for a Development Associate to work with our expert process development team. Do you have a passion for Cell and Gene Therapy? Then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the planning, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments
- Work effectively with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment. Assist and train others as necessary.
- Assist in the daily organization and operation of a multi-disciplinary lab including but not limited to monitoring inventory and performing equipment maintenance
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, and a positive attitude in daily performance to motivate others to do the same.
- Document work and assist in writing and revising technical documents, including lab Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), testing protocols, and reports accurately and reliably
Who you are
- Bachelors in bioengineering, chemical engineering, bioprocess, biotechnology, cell biology, or a related field, Masters preferred, with 0-2 years of experience in mammalian cell culture and/or process engineering.
- Practical knowledge of cell biology with hands-on experience working with human primary and/or stem cell cultures.
- Practical knowledge of bioprocess techniques with experience in bioreactors as well as other equipment relevant to cell and gene therapy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory safety plans and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, provincial, and local regulations.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills with solid knowledge of MS Office and comfort with learning new software applications especially those for DoE and statistical analysis.
- Experience with cell and molecular analytic techniques, such as flow cytometry and q-PCR, and working knowledge of static and suspension-based cell culture
- Independent, adaptable, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytical and multitasking skills who will thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment striving to deliver high quality outcomes
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our Careers website, Instagram channel and LinkedIn page!
Cytiva is a 3.3 billion USD global life sciences leader with nearly 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.